Marlin Financial Debt Collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all wonder if anyone can help

Recieved a letter from Marlin Financial Services saying that I owe £454.22 for a car finance.

The assignor is listed as Auto Credit Trust, assignee MCE Portfolio Limited and the top of letter says Notice Of Assignment.

I rang them to find out what this was regarding as to my knollage my car finance was settled 2+ years ago.

They said that Auto Credit had gone into recievership and they where now administering the account. I told them that as far as I knew the ballance was paid years ago, I had not recieved any corrispondance from them and there are no defaults on my credit report with reguards to this account.

Did have a blond moment and agreed a direct debit but did request that they look into the matter but after reading a few threads regarding them I have my doubts.

Would I be best to stop any debit to them untill they can prove the debt as someone sugested to me earlier and how do I go about collecting information (eg original CCA whatever that is) obiously I have no paperwork going back that far anymore.

Any help and advice would be appreciated sorry about the length of post am new here and a bit confused as to legal matters.

Thanks in advance

Stop the DD, until they can prove the debt exists, if you are certain you paid the debt of then SAR them for all information, this would be better IMO than a CCA.

This costs £10 but will provide you with all information they hold on you which should include all payments made.

Hi thanks the DD has been stoped.

Just an update ran a HPI check on my vehicle today and it came back with £0 outstanding on credit/finance so I am forwarding a copy of this search to them and have made copys to send to OFT, Onwardsman ect so they can look into it as I suspect fruadulant activity on behalf of Merlin (the amount they are asking for is very close to the trade in value of the vehicle on the HPI sheet).

What would be the best body to report them to?

Thanks nickinuk.

What makes you suspect fraudulent activity on their part if you dont mind me asking?

I would be certainly asking them to substantiate the debt, which they are claiming you are liable for, do you have any evidence of your payments on this account any final letters confirming that you have paid it off in full?

What makes you suspect fraudulent activity on their part if you dont mind me asking?

I would be certainly asking them to substantiate the debt, which they are claiming you are liable for, do you have any evidence of your payments on this account any final letters confirming that you have paid it off in full?

Hi pt

What makes me suspicious is that the amount that they claim I owe (£454) is very close to the vehicle trade in value (£433 in clean condition).

Did do a full HPI check on vehicle today (I work for a motor dealership) and it came back as nothing owed on vehicle. I no longer have paperwork going back that far but there are no defaulds on my credit file as reguards to this matter and I think I would have heard sooner from a finance company if I had not cleared the balance.

Sorry forgot to add I am also writing to them asking for proof that there is an outstanding debt if there is and they can prove it then I have no problem with paying it am also enclosing a copy of the HPI check as well.

• 1 year later...

Posts unapproved from this thread

Please note that touting is prohibited and any further attempts will result in account moderation. Please read the forum rules

I would advise caution to anyone asking for private off forum contact