Council of Mortgage Lenders

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I have had my credit file from Equifax and on this lists the property

Address Linked From Current

57, ******** ROAD, LIVERPOOL, MERSEYSIDE, L** *

Name: *****

Date of Birth:

Repossession Type: Repossession

Repossession Date: 27/02/2003

Client Name: ABBEY NATIONAL PLC

Account Number: 5049**

Satisfied(Yes/No): No

Repossessed Address:

57 ****** ROAD

LIVERPOOL

MERSEYSIDE

L** ***

Now this repossession resulted in a surplus which meant half of nearly £10k went to me and the other half going to my ex wife. Surely this debt should be marked satisfied?

I have been in touch with equifax who then got in contact with Abbey National. Who state that i need to get in touch with the solicitor who delt with the reposession as it is their responsibility to ensure the data is correct.

Ive disputed with equifax as they have closed the dispute advising that this response by Abbey is acceptable for them.

I have countered telling them that its Abbey National that is the listing company and im not interested in who they use as their solicitor. The information is incorrect and equifax have a responsibility to ensure the data is correct.

Am i going about this the right way? Should i write to Abbey telling the knobjockys that they need to sort it.

Ive only got till next feb for it to stay on my file. I just dont want anything like this on my file.

Any advice out there?

Thanks.

Black Horse LTD 2008 - Default removed upon CCA request. Unable to supply original agreement.

The way I understand credit files is this...The company in which you take out the finance with has a resposnisbilty to ensure fair and accurate lending and information is recorded on your credit files. What they put there remains for 6 years even when it is satisified and closed! Which I personally think is rediculous seeing as credit companies disregard information held on record and satisifed more than 12 months old!

The company in which you have debt/credit has to file evrything in which is correct, if there is anything incorrect you should raise the matter with company in whch the debt was agreed with and also inform the credit file company that you dispute the information on record. The company in which the debt is with then has a duty to make sure it is correct and to correct errors that are incorrect. If they fail to do this, then they are in breach and can and should be reported to the information comission as incorrect information can cost you dearly when trying to obtain further credit the potential company may charge you more interest or even decline you!!

You first port of call is with Abbey, try and get them o resolve the issue with a 14 - 28 day time frame if that does not happen inform that they will be reported to the information commission.

Ladidi

Letter typed up and ready to send. :mad:

Im fuming with equifax over this. Just taking their word for it and making me do the run around. Whats the point of their online dispute service if they just close it after the listing company click their fingers:mad:

Black Horse LTD 2008 - Default removed upon CCA request. Unable to supply original agreement.

I know exactly how you feel at having to do the run around for their errors. I am in court on Wednesday with my mortgage company over their errors and they have the cheek to state they going to take my home. Not only that they also incorrectly put information onto mine and my husbands credit files and then have the flaming nerve to inform us that they did not put the information onto our credit files WE DID!!!! How rediculous is that?????? I informed them I will be seeking massive compensation from them when we are in court on Wednesday for the distress they caused me and my family inclusing time lost at work!!

Ladidi

wow. makes my dilemma seem very less troublesome!

how did one manage to put the info on yourself? if you could put it on you could take it off again. obviously not in this case.

Well good luck for tomorrow and please tell me how you got on in here. Id be very interested in hearing how you got on.

Thanks for the advice however.