Travel City Direct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

I have a query. Me and my family booked to holiday through Travel City Direct and we cancelled the holiday due to ill health.

We claimed on the holiday insurance policy and we lost out on loads of money.

As far as we were concerned once the holiday insurance paid out due to the cancellation that was the end of the matter.

Well they have just issued court papers for £107 for breach of contract plus court costs and solicitors fees.

Can they do this???

Ladidi

The top and bottom of it is this, We boked a holiday to go to Florida well in advance, then I had a change of jobs meant we couldnt go so the holiday date was changed to a another year. I found I was ill and needed some test MRI scan etc. Due to this we felt it best to go when we got all clear rather than fly and get there and end up with massive bills due to knowing about it before we went away.

We paid a deposit of £1000. We claimed on the insurance due to not being able to go and they agreed with all the doctor had said and piad out. minus cancelation etc we lost loads Ended up with about £300 for 5 of us.

Anyway Travel City Direct insist we owe them £107 and they are taking us to court for breach of contract adn want the said amount including court costs etc.

Surely to god if the insurance has paid out for holiday that didn't happen due to ill health there is no claim and we should have been fully refunded?

Ladidi

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

As Chesterexpress stated you need to provide more details, such as up-loading any correspondence, please remove personal details, it will help some of the experts to advice specific to your query

Regards

Andy

I was in the same situation with Travel City Direct - due to my ill health we had to move our first holiday that we booked with them by 6 months. Then when we had to cancel the holiday because it was deemed at the time I wasn;t able to fly.

I had a seceral conversations with them and they were very helpful and sympathetic with me. I did loose out on the original booking fee. The inusrers paid the Travrel City Direct and I had no come back whatsoever. But I did keep in contact with them and the insurers. They sent us a voucher for the next holiday when we were ready to book.

Last year we were able to take the holiday that we had originally booked with Travel City and they were marvellous.

I have dealt with other holiday companies before but Travel City were excellent on helping me and my family out of the situation we were in. Have you told them everything, have you kept in contact with the insurers?

To be honest, this holiday was over 2 years ago now. Since the insurance paid out we never kept anything as we didn't feel we needed to as the matter was closed. We was annoyed that we didn't get a better refund than we did, but to have all this now is rediculous.

We never heard a peep out of them until now, when we got court papers stating they are taking my husband to court for breach of contract!!

Dont get me wrong when we cancelled, they was no help what so ever

we was made to email or write as there was NO telephone numbers to call. I still have the emails that went between the company and ourselves.

The court papers show nothing except the name of the company and the reason they are taking us to court is for breach of contract for the sum of £107 and thats it!!!!!! Nothing else is said except it is a court in London.

Ladidi

It's not the insurance company thats taking my husband to court it's Travel City Direct!!!! How rediculous is that????

We didn't breach teh contract, we didn't go due to ill health!!!!! plain and simple and the insurance agreed with the details and information submitted by the doctors!!!

Surely to god they can only do us for breach of contract if we decided we was not going to go and didn't bother to tell them anything.

They have been told everything, every step of the way. It was Travel City Direct who told us to take the claim to insurance due to the ill health issue!!!

Ladidi

I think maybe you should try to get the claim thrown out as it does not seem to contain sufficient cause for them to go to court, and furthermore that court claim is the first you have heard from them and therefore they are in breach of the CPR which says they should try to settle a dispute without resorting to the court system.

In the meantime, make sure that you acknowledge the claim, you don't want them to win by default!