style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a mice infestation - have been trying to deal with it with humane traps etc as i have 2 toddlers and didnt initially realise there were so many mice. We have caught at least a dozen so far. I asked my solicitor to send a letter to my landlord last week - still trying to get a hold of her to see if she has done it, along with other things we want fixed. Had a terrible weekend though. My oldest came across a mouse twice and was hysterical both times. They are coming ito my living room and I saw one squeezing in through a gap between a kitchen cupboard door and the unit on saturday. Today is final straw though. Just had my mum on the phone in tears as one ran across the kitchen wortop when she was in the kitchen and when she went to the loaf of bread ontop of the breadbin it seems that they have eaten though the bag and partially through the centre of the bread. She lives with me and is my childcare and is now threatening to leave. She says even if they get professionals in she will always be uncomfortable here. Last time I spoke to landlord before mouse business he wanted £9000 to cover 6 months rent and council tax and advertising and new lease drawn up if we leave early. I stupidly signed a 2 year lease with no early exit clause while going through a marriage breakup. if my mum finds her own place I will have to quit work as wont get childcare to cover 6:30-5:30 as thats when my lift picks me up and drops me off due to working approx 40 miles away. There are no decent employment opportuities in the area as its a small village, and I dont drive.

My question is am I and my kids expected to live in a house in which my kids are now scared to wander about in and which I am not much better myself? It will be a pain in the ass to move quickly and not what i had planned but I really dont want to spend much longer in this place, the stress of this is having an effect on all of us and there are certain rooms my oldest daughter wont go in because she has came across mice in them.

regarding the house I was going to purchase, the seller has gotten a new acceptable offer, so this is not the reason i am asking...

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Just got hold of my solicitor and although I asked her last Wdnesday to draft up the letter she hasnt done so yet. She now tells me i would be quicker to phone my landlord and cheaper as its costing me money every time she reads and repsonds to emails!! I am only mailing her cos I am not getting feedback from her as to whether she has done the letter etc...! Should have learned with the house purchase screw up not to use her as i already told her his phone number was in my old mobile phone which is broken. I got a quote from local environmental Health and she says i should just get them out but I already told her there is a hole in the outside wall leading into property so that will only be a very short term fix to this problem. I am tempted just to move out and move into a rental temporarily with my mum and reassess my situation....

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

Yep got one. says it can take up to 6 weeks to fully work but hasnt been much use up till now in deterring them!

Solicitor obviously felt bad about my terse reply saying that as I had asked her to do letter last Wednesday I thought landlord would have got letter by now and that i did not have his contact number. She has contacted him and he is going to take action. I have to phone him too and i hate confrontational phone calls.