Cabot and backdoor CCJ - halifax OD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

right,

just had post.

Letter from Cabot stating I owe £214.50 from a previious halifax bank account.

All the money on this account is in dispute as i closed the account down a few years ago.

I have also been given CCJ on this account in 2005 as I got a copy of my credit report a few weeks ago.

Obviously I am not going to call them!

Also received a threatogram from Lowells this morning.

Again, I am going to send off CCA's to all the dca's and see what happens.

Just needed some advice about this one as it has a ccj on the account...

what is my next move.

.thanks, great advice received already on the forums..keep it up..

Hi all, right, just had post. Letter from Cabot stating I owe £214.50 from a previious halifax bank account. All the money on this account is in dispute as i closed the account down a few years ago. I have also been given CCJ on this account in 2005 as I got a copy of my credit report a few weeks ago. Obviously I am not going to call them! Also received a threatogram from Lowells this morning. Again, I am going to send off CCA's to all the dca's and see what happens. Just needed some advice about this one as it has a ccj on the account....basically what is my next move..thanks, great advice received already on the forums..keep it up..

Hi, i am no expert in all things legal, but a bit more info will help others.

Did you not receive any court papers prior to the CCJ? Have you been making payments on this - what was agreed?

What is the dispute regarding that you mention?

A CCA isn't total relevant to a bank account. The bank wouldn't have needed to provide a formal agreement but a letter regarding the account.

Sorry to hit you with questions, it just helps people to advise :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I'm afraid if a CCJ were issued, at this stage you would probably be best off either S.A.R.ing the original creditor (to discover whether any charges are due) OR paying the debt.

Ignoring letters could easily lead to a warrant of execution, and them sending the baliff in.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.