• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

now there is a bit of irony.

Start with the nationwide
and

All move to the Co-Operative bank
I wonder how many people know that the Nationwide started its life as "The Co-operative Building Society" but was "removed/asked to leave" the Co-Operative movement as it did not use the Co-operative bank as its main bank.

off topic i know and useless info but ironic all the same.

Ill be nipping in to the co-op bank in the morning

• Haha 1

There are moves afoot to allow CU's to handle outgoing DD's together with other functions normally the preserve of the banks

If that does happen it will probably lead to a mass exodus from the banks to the CU's & no bad thing too

perhaps cag should start a credit union :eek:

I disagree about the MP's yes many are shysters but there are some including senior ones who are interested in our plight. This is particularly true now as banks are no longer flavour of the month & there is so much uncertainty in many of their constituencies they need every vote

Also a face to face meeting is a lot more potent than a letter or an email

Perhaps we should write to each leader and promise our votes to the first party to put the banks in their place:cool:

I am almost giddy with excitement.

Seriously, I am.

This is fantastic.

Does anyone know where a list of credit unions is?

found mine by typing "mycity credit union" in the search engine

OK, we're getting really off-topic here. Perhaps we should start a new thread and let this one get back to where it should be.

I like the idea of a CAG credit union, but seriously, I (and most of us) barely have time to be here as it is at the moment let alone administer something like that.

perhaps an agreement with an existing credit union could be reached with cag getting a donation for each account opened???

A professional organisation has a professional workforce.

If CAG set up a Credit Union...even by proxy

Methinks peeps would expect it to be administered by a fully accountable FULL TIME employed professional person/people...;)

...:)

Killjoy :D LOL

Sounds like a plan, but be aware that this is just my opinion - CAG probably won't endorse it.

Should we ask BF ? It would be nice to have CAG backing (and this would make a very good news item should CAG pass this onto the press) now that would raise a few eyebrows in the banking industry no doubt

and all those not hit by charges will not move, in other words they wil keep the customers they want and find a sneaky way of charging them instead

and these people will soon get fed up and move also (hopefully)

Think about it - if lots of penalty charge paying people up and move from bank A to another bank then bank A will have to introduce fee paying for its remaining customers (or that is what they will have us believe). These customers will see that other banks do not charge those fees and will move also.

Bank A then decide "we have to do something about this" and introduce fairer charges and we all move back and the other banks will follow

Barclays says it has been able to reduce its charges as a result of breakthroughs in its handling systems, with a far greater automated service.

Of course these systems have been there for some time. So it looks like a war for customers and about time too:D

A war to attract consumers who have defaulted & if they do it again only want to pay £8?:shock: Don't think so do you. No I'll be just a little more circumspect until I find out what they are really up-to

Perhaps they think the oft case will not go their way and have done this as they think it will look good on them. But like i said in the following post -lets wait and see.

I have to go into town later so i will nip in to barclays and see if they have any leaflets on it. If it is true then i see this as a victory for CAG and sites like it.

Also (although it is like clutching at straws) it is nice to have a little hope :rolleyes:

I can live in hope (might die in despair) but i can live in hope and lets face it that this site was set up in the hope that things could be changed. Well maybe (and as yet it is only maybe) you succeeded.:eek:

Everyone deserves a second chance - but with banks, I think the trust will have to be earned again, and it will take a very long time.

Hey slow down a bit - even if this new charging is true. There is no way i will trust them i will be checking every item on my statements as i always have :-D

£8 is still NOT a true reflection of Banks processing costs.

This smokescreen is just another pathetically feeble attempt to defer the inevitable...:mad:

The Law is the Law.

...There is NO victory until the Banks are made to realise that they are NOT above it...:cool:

...:)

But Forcing a change (if it is true) is a victory - may not be the one which was aimed for but it is a step in the right direction.

Hello RDM me 'ol cocker.

I had a sneaky idea that this would happen.

All it would take is one bank to break ranks, and try and grab customers.

There is nothing about admitting being wrong about this, its all down to money/profits.

Yea I kinda expected it too. perhaps a Barclays attempt to move up a rank as i think it may have fallen a place or two from its former position.