• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dla renewal refused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Foggiepete, I'd recommend you join Benefits & Work - it helped me deal with hubby's DLA claim. Once you're a member you have access to all kinds of paperwork and can download guides that take you through all the forms step by step, help you with the 'correct' wording to make the best possible claim.

Home : Benefits and Work

All of which have to be paid for. I have just joined and every single one of their guides carries a fee of nearly £20. Let's make some money ouf of the disabled. Disgusting. :mad:

You are joking? Really?

I thought you only had to pay once? :evil:

You could be right, I didn't go as far as paying for a subscription, that's not how it read to me, but I could have misunderstood their system. Either way it charges... :-|

Sorry to Pete for hijacking his thread, but hang on a minute, MissyAllen and CG: How do you know he is not genuinely disabled? Not all disabilities are visible, you know. Terminal illnesses in particular have a habit of masquerading very well. Or chronic issues. Or mental health issues. :-(

I have a child who's got Asperger's Syndrome (a form of autism for those who haven't heard of it, of which there are many). Outwardly, he looks the average 11 years old. But odds are that he will never be able to have a job, will never be able to live independently, will be mainly confined to home all his life. He gets DLA higher care and lower mobility. His renewal is due when he turns 12, and I am going to push harder for higher mobility this time, because as he gets older and bigger, it means that when he goes into meltdown, his issues are even more significantly different from another child of his age. When he was 5, him running in the tram path was a lot easier to deal with than now where he's nearly my height and a damn sight faster :-(.

But if one of you kind people were to see him in the garden helping me carrying a flower pot or coming back from shopping and chatting and laughing, you'd be quick to condemn and point the finger, wouldn't you? Well, shame on you. :mad: Try to open your narrow mind to the fact that not everyone carries their disability on the outside.

For one Pete who should never have been put through all this but finally got justice done, there are hundreds, possibly thousands of people who miss out on what they're entitled to, so the sooner we eradicate this kind of judgmental thinking (and I use the word loosely), the sooner these people might be able to obtain the help they need. :-(

• Haha 1

That makes no sense that your son gets Medium Care and Low Disability with Aspergers Syndrome unless the DLA has messed up my claim or your sons claim. I get Medium Care and Low Rate Disability for having both Aspergers Syndrome, Epilepsy, Short Term Memory Loss, Worchester Draught Syndrome and Arthritis so I don't know how that works out. If you can get the disability element put up a grade then that means that they are not using base reference for different conditions (Also before anyone says that his maybe worse, I frequently almost get run over by cars because I don't think to look and I can't recognise dangers)
No, he gets high rate for care, not middle, and low for mobility. This illustrates what a lot of these threads are about, namely how the forms gets filled in makes a difference. :-(

I went to tribunal with someone whose son was scarily like mine in age, behaviours, everything, yet she had been turned down over and over again, yet I got my son's 1st time.

To the best of my knowledge and my understanding, the difference between middle and high rate usually comes down to the amount of night care required, so a person who sleeps through the night is more likely to get middle rate for care whilst someone whose carer needs to get up 4-5 times a night to see to them is more likely to get higher, since it's round the clock care.