Halifax 2nd Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have started a new thread on this claim as I have 2 accounts with the Halifax and am attempting to get details of 6 years charges on both of them. The Halifax are so inconsistent in their responses its unbelievable. Making it up as they go along springs to mind.

Anyay, for this particular account I telephoned the very helpful telephone banking system 08457 203040 and asked for a detailed break-down of my charges since January 2000. The helpful lady said that she would pass the request on to the business centre and I should expect to receive the detail within 7 - 10 days. That was 3 weeks ago. Surprise surprise I have not received anything yet.

Yesterday I telephoned them again and asked where the breakdown was. I was told that they had sent me a letter on 27 February stating that I should refer to my statements for the history of charges on my account. Iexplained that I no longer had statements going back to January 2006 and would therefore need a simple break-down of charges. Incidentally the letter of 27 February they refer to, I have never received. I told them that if they did not provide me with a complete breakdown then I would send a DPA request, which I have now one regardless.

Will let you all know how this proceeds.

3 weeks wasted. You should have sent the DPA request at the outset. So should anyone else.

Yes you are right of course, but you expect our caring sharing responsible financial guardians to ensure they do what they say. If I am told that I will receive a break-down of charges within 7-10 days then I beleive that and in reality they have an obligation to comply.

The reality is that with the number of claims they are undoubtedly receiving they are now on the back foot and will make life as difficult as possible.

They now only have 40 days to provide the information.

The reality is that with the number of claims they are undoubtedly receiving they are now on the back foot and will make life as difficult as possible.

Oh. Now it's the fault of The Bank Action Group. :roll:

Not at all the fault of BAG.

Its the fault of the banks. They have profiteered from their customers financial difficulties for way too long. Its time they were brought to task. Bank Action Group have helped facilitate the process for which we are all grateful. I for one hope that BAG goes from strength to strength.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks