Kensington 10k secured loan - straight reppossesion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I hope someone can help us,

We have just recieved a letter from Kensington saying that they are going to repposses the house,

Last year we were in court and had a straight reppossession order put on our property ,

we then came to a payment arrangement and fell behind with 2 payments .

I cant believe they can do this as its only a secured loan of 10k and loads of costs added on.

We phoned them up today and told them that we will get up to date with the the 2 payments within 2 weeks,

but they didn,t listen and still insist that they will repposess the house.

regards angnnig

Hi there, don't panic. You can ask the court for a hearing to suspend possession and I can help you with that. Have you received a date for possession?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn,Thanks for your reply,We havn't recieved a date as yet ,we have contacted Kensington for them to stop taking this action,but because we broke the payment agreement they want all the arrears of £2,500 even though we have offered to make two monthly payments ,they still said no ,thanks for your help .kind regards angnnig

Pay two if you can and only write to kensington get everything in writing not on the phone if they ring tell them that you wont speak to them tell them to write to youhow many payments are you behind in the agreement

Yes these companys promise things on the phone then deny it so get everyhing in writing if you can pay extra do DJ always like people who have made an effor t BUT dont stretch yourself to breaking point

• Haha 1

Hi, Ell-enn,We have recieved a date for the eviction,30th april, less than 2 weeks away,We have the the money to pay the two months that we are behind with kensington but we are reluctant to pay them now as we might need the money for a deposit on another house if the court decides that we should be evicted. Do you think we would be ok to wait until the courts decision until we pay the two months up to date,We still owe £2000 once the 2 months behind are paid up to date.We really appriciate your offer of help,thanks.kind regards. angnnig

I'd pay them up front as the court costs are going to be added anyway, then you can start going for a refund of their charges, that is if you feel up to the challenge.

If you do go to court (and don't fall for the last minute letter/phone call saying it is okay....) take the evidence that you can pay and ask for their charges to be thrown out... along with any further arrears fees they may try to charge.

• Haha 1

Hi Angnnig, it's best to pay the two months now if you can, it will give you some credibility in court. When you have made the payment follow it up with a letter telling them what you have paid and making an offer to pay the arrears monthly (by recorded delivery of course!) - make sure you have the correct department and address to send it to.

You will need to file an N244 form at court to ask for a hearing to stop eviction, as you know I can help you with that. What is the situation with your first mortgage - are you up to date with your arrangement?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi thanks to you both for your fast replies and advice.We will definatly try and claim the charges back from Kensington ,they are charging £50 in LPF monthly and interest on the arrears. I will take your advice and pay the two months now.About the other mortgage with SPML ,that you kindly helped us with ,we sent the court the N244 asking for arrears payments to be lowered and we are now just waiting for a court date .we are 1 month behind with our payments to SPML , but they are being patient with us.We are going to catch that up as soon as we can.I will download a N244 form as soon right away,Thanks for your help with this Ell-enn.Kind regards, angnnig

Can I suggest you get uptodate with SPML as they have the first charge pay the balance to kensington and see how much extra you can pay of the areas but pay SPML firts alays

Hi there, leaflet EX160A (you can view the whole leaflet on Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home) explains the concessions available against court fees.

Full concession is available is you are receiving:

Income Support

Income based job seekers allowance

State Pension guarantee credit

Working Tax Credit but not Child Tax Credit

There are other partial concessions - which you can get details of from the leaflet.

Hope this is helpful

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Hi Ell-enn,thanks for your help.could you please give me some advice with the wording on the N422 form, is it just similar to the last one i filled in for SPML.Kind regards angnnig