CCA'd Intrum Jusititia Help wanted please

geewhizz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, my first post so please bear with me!

I read everyones really useful posts on this site and sent a CCA to IJ for a debt with Barclays that's about 10years old and today i recieved this reply:

Unfortunately we are unable to provide the information that you have requested as the original creditors Barclays Bank, does not have a copy as the default of the agreement occurred more than 6 years ago. In light of this information we appreciate we cannot pursue this matter through legal means.

However as you acknowledge this debt and have since xx 2002 made a total of xx payments, totalling £xxxx to our office we will continue to accept the offer of £xx per month as payment.

Alternatively call our office to discuss up to a 50% discount on the current balance as settlement of this account.

I cannot find a case on here with a similar reply so can anyone advise on what to do next, or whether i have to still pay.

Hi Gee,

Welcome to the forums you are now in good hands!!

Sounds like a standard "we know we are wrong and are going to try to push it by pretending to do you a favour" letter!!

In light of this information we appreciate we cannot pursue this matter through legal means.

And you know it!

I have had a few, mostly from Moorcroft!!!

The bit at the end is a killer!

Alternatively call our office to discuss up to a 50% discount on the current balance as settlement of this account.

yeah right!

;)

Hi Geewhiz,

Welcome to the CAG, you have made the right moves so far, and by what you have posted, it sounds like IJ do not have an enforcable agreement.The fact that they are offering discounts without valid CCA sounds promising for you

For the benefit of others who will give more definitive advice

How long ago did you send CCA request ?

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

it says 'may result in legal action being taken'

it is one of there standard letter they send out if your couple of days late with a payment after they tried calling you a hundred times and you haven't answered!!!!

Hi geewhizz i had same problem with these people i requested a cca they wrote back and said they were unable to provide the information sent my £1.oo fee back (bless um) so they have closed the file

I've only one offer of a discount. 30% off £10k. If I paid within 10 days.

The lesson to be learnt, is if a DCA or Creditor offers big discounts for full settlement, then chances are they know it's unenforceable, and hope you'll take the discounted offer so they don't lose out totally.

When I got offered £3000 off the outstanding balance when I sent them a CCA request, I immediately called their bluff about the validity of the agreement they sent me.

As soon as I did that, a DCA took over the account. I CCA'd them, and 2 weeks later they passed it onto another DCA. I CCA'd them too.

The weird thing is, neither of the DCA's have complied with the CCA request. I've not paid any of them anything since last summer.

They keep sending the occasional threat-o-gram, which I reply to, with the failure to provide CCA and account in dispute letter.

The original creditor sent a microfiche copy of 1 page of the agreement (no terms and conditions). When they DCA's tried to get a copy, I have a feeling whoever got the microfiche out of the file originally, didn't put it back in the correct place, and it has now gone missing. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

They never replied to my request and then changed name on account book. They told me as I had made payments (harassed into it) that I was liable and I believed them, just ,glad snotty calls had stopped. The upshot is I now realise IJ who are the parent company to another realise that I didnt understand my rights. Will send another cca to IJ and new name and demand response, or stop paying. They told me on phone they did not have copy of agrement and thanked me for being a good payer:lol: :lol: :lol: Silly thing is I have carried on paying, so its obvious they think me a fool, they even sent the payment for cca back and its obviously their normal procedure, hoping we go away.

Until now8)

they'll do anything to get your money! i haven't answered the phone or called them for about 2yrs but they still try calling umpteen times a month, funnily enough since the day i the cca request got there i haven't recieved a single call!!!:D :D