• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Try working for Brighthouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, after a bit of thought I decided to join these forums as I came across them when looking into brighthouse!!

Anyway I am currently working as a delivery driver for them delivering suites (dont worry i'm quitting soon as a get another job sorted) and to be fair I come home every day feeling horrible because I am forever delivering suites that are in a poor state of repair, or damaged or dirty and people are paying a ridiculous price for them. Personally I think the company is very very bad with the way it works and its attitude towards people.about 50% of the stuff I take out is second hand or "quality refurbished" as they say but its still sold at a price very close to the original new price and also they seem to class display stock as new items even if they have been on display for months on end!

not sure what else to add but if you have any questions etc pls ask me and I will reply when I get time.

Hi Wonderbug

Firstly - welcome to the CAG forums! :)

I am sure you will make a very useful contributor to this particular little corner of CAG land. Your input could certainly be very useful.

I wish you well in your search for more suitable employment!

I would be grateful if you would take the time and read through our BrightHouse Advice/Factsheet HERE and see if there's anything you may like to add - or suggest any improvements? It's been a gradual work of progress, with new snippets being added all the time.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

Thanks Lefty,

Nothing much to comment on about your factsheet think it covers quite a bit and to be fair the drivers etc dont get involved with all that side we just pick up and drop off all the stuff, working for this place has really opened my eyes and it worries me how they get away with not only 30% apr but everything is overpriced to start with some of the sofas I deliver will cost the customer over 3 grand over the 3 year period which is ridiculous.

One thing I recommend is that if anyone does buy from there is that they buy brand new not QR or from the shop floor because if it is not brand new the chances are it will be damaged or missing bits etc etc, and when it is delivered that they get it unwrapped and check it all over because when they have signed for it there is no come backs and they will be stuck with it

Yes, a very warm welcome wonderbug.

Perhaps you could point others in the direction of this forum too. We are particularly collecting horror stories of people's experience with BrightHouse.

An ex-colleagues son worked for this lot when they were called Crazy George's. As a delivery driver he often collected goods that were not being paid for and staff were allowed to buy these at huge discounts. He bought his mum a condenser tumble dryer for £50 and it had only been in someone's house a few weeks. she reckoned the staff got loads of the good stuff and only the tat went back in as refurbished.

I am currently nudging a very disillusioned BrightHouse store manager to "turn to the dark side" and join us here...

Believe me, he has been a VERY valuable source recently... :cool:

Watch this space... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

I am currently nudging a very disillusioned BrightHouse store manager to "turn to the dark side" and join us here...
Surley you mean to turn away from the dark side :rolleyes:

Surley you mean to turn away from the dark side :rolleyes:

You know, I had a FEELING you'd say that... :-)

Just a figure of speech, Steven... Just a figure of speech... LOL ;)

Be patient... This has taken many weeks of careful prompting, gentle guidance and an awful lot of reverse psychology...

Cheers

Lefty

;)

• 2 years later...

first off, yes the prices are a little expensive,

BUT if people are willing to pay the interest charges then thats their problem.

if they can not be bothered saving for such items as a sofa then thats their own fault.

the prices may seem steep but 99.9 percent of our customers sign up on an agreement therefor we do not have to compete in a cash price market.

the interest charges are charged at a typical rate of 29,9 apr not 30 it doesnt sound much but that 1 percent adds up.

as for the stock on show room floors, they are told when signing up that it is on the floor or if its refurbished and any qr stock that is sent out is certainly not near the "normal price"

if it does get damaged or anything else we offer optional service cover, if they choose not to take it out then again thats their own problem.

i dont even know why your so bothered, sales staff have it worse we have to deal with the problems brought forward from the people... and most of the people buying are on benefits so what are they actually contributing towards society in the first place?

at least their money is contributing towards the economy not crack or booze or any other lark even if in your opinion it is slightly high.

if they can not be bothered saving for such items as a sofa then thats their own fault.

the prices may seem steep but 99.9 percent of our customers sign up on an agreement therefor we do not have to compete in a cash price market.

the interest charges are charged at a typical rate of 29,9 apr not 30 it doesnt sound much but that 1 percent adds up.

as for the stock on show room floors, they are told when signing up that it is on the floor or if its refurbished and any qr stock that is sent out is certainly not near the "normal price"

if it does get damaged or anything else we offer optional service cover, if they choose not to take it out then again thats their own problem.

i dont even know why your so bothered, sales staff have it worse we have to deal with the problems brought forward from the people... and most of the people buying are on benefits so what are they actually contributing towards society in the first place?

at least their money is contributing towards the economy not crack or booze or any other lark even if in your opinion it is slightly high.

Here we go... Yet another over-enthusiastic BrightHouse employee trampling over thousands of pounds worth of BrightHouse PR! Don't ya just love it! :)

I loved the bit about "most of the people are on benefits"! Yep! Over 76% of BrightHouse customers are in receipt of benefit. That means that £20 million of the £26 million profit BrightHouse made last year came DIRECTLY from the public purse! Still, better for it to fund venture capitalists and private equity firms than to have it spent on crack and booze, eh?

And by the way, it is .1 of a percent (POINT ONE)... That means that for every £30 paid in interest by your crack using and booze guzzling CUSTOMERS they get to save 1 penny!!!!! But, a valid point nonetheless.... Jeez... :)

Cheers

Lefty

;)

"Here we go... Yet another over-enthusiastic BrightHouse employee trampling over thousands of pounds worth of BrightHouse PR! Don't ya just love it! :)

I loved the bit about "most of the people are on benefits"! Yep! Over 76% of BrightHouse customers are in receipt of benefit. That means that £20 million of the £26 million profit BrightHouse made last year came DIRECTLY from the public purse! Still, better for it to fund venture capitalists and private equity firms than to have it spent on crack and booze, eh?

And by the way, it is .1 of a percent (POINT ONE)... That means that for every £30 paid in interest by your crack using and booze guzzling CUSTOMERS they get to save 1 penny!!!!! But, a valid point nonetheless.... Jeez... :)

Cheers

Lefty"

well done to you, you can make your self "appear" clever behind a computer..well done indeed.

well done to you, you can make your self "appear" clever behind a computer..well done indeed.

Hi - and welcome to CAG.

Please give us some more enlightening facts about what it's like working for BrightHouse.

Cheers

Lefty

PS - I tend to find being IN FRONT of a computer is better... Working from behind it restricts my view of the monitor.) ;)

;)

Hi - and welcome to CAG.

Please give us some more enlightening facts about what it's like working for BrightHouse.

Cheers

Lefty

PS - I tend to find being IN FRONT of a computer is better... Working from behind it restricts my view of the monitor.) ;)

Lmao nice one Lefty, he obviously doesn't know you very well does he? :whoo:

• 4 months later...

Re: as for the stock on show room floors, they are told when signing up that it is on the floor or if its refurbished and any qr stock that is sent out is certainly not near the "normal price"

You talk a lot of [edit]!! lots of times I have delivered sofas the customers have said that it was the not sofa that they saw on the shop floor as it had different marks/minor defects. Also I delivered a tv that was brand new but was actually had been on display and was shop soiled and the sales assistant said it was still brand new because "It had never been inside a customers house"

Edited by steven4064
swear filter evasion

Hi LV, Welcome to CAG.

You have posted on quite an old thread and the post you have replied to is over 5 months old. You might want to start your own thread.

Also, I have made a slight edit to your post a we have very strict rules about language on the site and attempts to evade the swear filter.

Hi everyone, after a bit of thought I decided to join these forums as I came across them when looking into brighthouse!!

Anyway I am currently working as a delivery driver for them delivering suites (dont worry i'm quitting soon as a get another job sorted) and to be fair I come home every day feeling horrible because I am forever delivering suites that are in a poor state of repair, or damaged or dirty and people are paying a ridiculous price for them. Personally I think the company is very very bad with the way it works and its attitude towards people.about 50% of the stuff I take out is second hand or "quality refurbished" as they say but its still sold at a price very close to the original new price and also they seem to class display stock as new items even if they have been on display for months on end!

not sure what else to add but if you have any questions etc pls ask me and I will reply when I get time.

Hi wonderbug,

I used to work for ****ehouse as well and agree with you fully. I once delivered a sofa that any normal company would have skipped!! it was embarrassing to say the least and they were paying the quote manager's special price. :frusty:

The best quote (and the nastiest) was from a sales assistant " I only sold it to him because he was fu*king simple" :-x

Hi LV, Welcome to CAG.

You have posted on quite an old thread and the post you have replied to is over 5 months old. You might want to start your own thread.

Also, I have made a slight edit to your post a we have very strict rules about language on the site and attempts to evade the swear filter.

Thought that might have been edited!! I will be more careful in the future. :thumb: