Can i 'unsecure' 2nd charge to allow sale of house?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My mortgage company is going for repossession. Its slipped onto a painful variable rate and due to a few mistakes, my credit rating is low and I have difficulties remortgaging. I have a secured loan also. I have suffered a drop in wages and cannot afford both.

Last attempt to remortgage, the valuation came back that I owed 95% of the value of my house. They then turned me down. Surveyors are so pessimistic at the moment, they downvalue everything. Why is that?

I don't want them to repossess, because i know auction halls are nearly empty, yet loads of repossessions. Local auction near me, everything was going for around 70% of its value, so I believe.

If this happens to me I'll be chased for a shortfall, a big shortfall....

I have agreed to 'sell and rent back' my house, and this company got a valuation, and argued with the surveyors to get the valuation up (above what my valuation was a month ago).

So my rent, which is fixed over a long period of time, and I have another contract guaranteeing me a long tenancy, is affordable and i can stay in the house.

The only thing is, secured loan is topping the sale.

I really need advice on how I can persuade them to 'desecure' the loan. I'll happily pay it as a personal loan, just with fees, admin charges etc can't goin on like this. I'll get repo'd and they ill get nothing. can they not see this? how can I get them to agree to unsecure the loan?

Help!

I don't think you can "desecure". If a mortgage is in default, the lender can exercise its power of sale to recover the debt. The original lender takes what is legally due to it from the proceeds then passes the balance of the sale monies (if any) to the second lender, who takes what is due to it. When they are satisfied, the balance, if any, is passed to the borrower.

Zander, with respect, everything you wrote is common knowledge.

Also, 'i don't think' doesn't help me at all. The purpose of the post, or anyone else posting with a problem for that matter, is to get definitive yes/no answers, explanations, and an outline of the best way to proceed. Everything else is empty words not helpful to me or anyone else reading.

I was really quite specific in the detail... did you not read that if the lender doesn't allow the sale, I get repo'd, the house will cover the mortgage (if I am lucky), but highly unlikely to cover ANY of the 2nd charge debt?

Any specific advice would be very welcome...

(Zander, i don't mean to be sharp, so apologies in advance - just desperate for concrete, meaningful advice!)