Abbey took benefits even after I wrote them

tendom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Abbey advised me that i would be charged £68 in two weeks. The only income I have at the moment is child tax credits and child benefit. I paid the rent and some of the electricity bill and left enough for my phone bill on DD.

They took it today and put me in the negative and now I do not have any money. I had written them quoting social administration act...and they still took it.

I already successfully claimed the previous charges back!

Anyone know what I can do to get it back? Really need the help. Thanks.

Could you get the dwp involved by phone and ask them to request the bank to return your credits and benefit as you have told the bank its benefit money previously? Tell the dwp and I would like to think they would act on your behalf. Bare in mind shut friday so ring dwp asap. I would change banks for a parachute account and get next credits into some sort of basic account to protect them in future. Best of luck:)

I had this problem with NatWest grabbing all the money I needed

to live on for 2 weeks and started a thread on it.

I know it's a different bank, but the info will be relavent to Abbey

You just have to keep the pressure on them and don't take no

for an answer. They'll try and fob you off, but stick to it and they

will refund you eventually.

I hate Abbey with a passion as they stayed my court claim for £1227

in bank charges. Then 2 months later they send the Debt Collectors

after me for the £700 still on my overdraft.

Here's the link to the Natwest thread.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/135175-NatWest-just-took-most.html

Hope it helps. :-)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

...The only income I have at the moment is child tax credits and child benefit. I paid the rent and some of the electricity bill and left enough for my phone bill on DD.

They took it today and put me in the negative and now I do not have any money. I had written them quoting social administration act...and they still took it.

I already successfully claimed the previous charges back!

Anyone know what I can do to get it back? Really need the help. Thanks.

Hi tendom!

If U have a read through the following Post + ALL the further links contained within it, it should be helpful to U...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1431000.html

To get through this short term financial crisis U MAY have to leave Abbey + open another current account elsewhere

...Even if it's ONLY a 'Basic' current account.

The order of Priority with the things that U have Posted is...

1/ RENT

2/ ELECTRICITY

3/ TELEPHONE

Perhaps it MAY also be prudent to cancel your DD for your Telephone, to save any further unlawful Penalty Charges whilst U switch your current account to another Bank??...;)

...:)

• Haha 1

If they take the charges AFTER you have sent the Right of Appropriation letter, then you should report them to the FOS.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Or Trading Standards.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your responses. :) I shall report them to the FOS and will now read through the nationwide and NatWest threads.

I do have a Barclays normal current account and recently got 2 weeks worth of temping work so I had that small amt of money put in that account.

But my benefits go into my long term Abbey a/c I have had for about 5 years. Like I said before I took them to court and they settled the morning of the hearing at the mercantile (london) court.

So when I wrote the letter I foolishly thought they would take me seriously. They have pushed me over my o/d limit knowing full well I have a mobile bill DD left to pay at the end of the mth and I did a little grocery shopping:mad:

I have been a mature student and just finished, they wouldn't return my calls for a student a/c which would have prevented all those past charges! I have just worked for the 1st time in about 4 years and so i hope to have this financial struggle behind me soon.

Then I'll have my wages paid i for a couple of mths into Abbey and then shut down the account in favour of Barclays:D Show them they should have been more understanding.

Sorry for the life story:smile:

Again thanks for the help-- there seems to be a thread on this website for every life problem. Brilliant.

...there seems to be a thread on this website for every life problem. Brilliant.
Not really 'brilliant'...I HATE typing!!!...lol...:roll::p

btw...Was a Mature Student once myself

...It took me 18months to get a job after Uni.

WELL DONE to U...:)

• 1 month later...

They wont do anything, as they say they have paid the money, what happens once it reaches your account is out of their hands.

Put in a complaint to FOS. Click on the link i gave you, and fill in the complaints form.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks - I have done, am waiting for their response. In the meantime Abbey's letter finally came. The exact same letter in response to other bank charges 'we are investigating...will take some time...etc'

If you do decide to change accounts, here is a list of parachute accounts, with all the details you need.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

Transfer all your benefits and any other monies over to it asap.

F&Q's... Read here

So it is! Sorry Mtm, i didn't open that link to see what it was. ;)

Ah well at least its all consistent. :D

F&Q's... Read here