style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ozzy hope you can help about 18months ago i had a bill from swalec stating i owed £600 they said it was because i hadnt brought any tokens at all for the year 2000.they sent someone out(i think they throught i was fiddiling my meter which i wasnt i might add)however after many phone calls to them i throught it was sorted as current bills say im in credit.when i phoned about the money owed they asked me for 7 different readings off my meter which i gave 2 different advisors told me i was entitled to approx £300.now they tell me they want to change my meter to a key(i have a token meter at present)im concerned that when i have this new meter they are going to set it to take this £600.i must have brouht tokens in 2000 otherwise i wouldnt have had electric.if they do is there anyone i can get advice from.sorry this is so long .hope you can help.my meter was read in febuary.

as far as im aware, the token meters are to be phased out so you will be unable to obtain the tokens from the outlets. This is why they are all being replaced with key meters.

Thats what i've heard anyway so could be wrong about this. It is probably circumstantial that this is happening at the same time as your dispute.

However, if the account is in dispute, I'd refuse the exchange from taking place until it is all sorted, as the meters that are removed are usually destroyed or recycled making it impossible to use as evidence and to back up your claim.

As long as you keep your card you bought tokens with you will be ok, it has a unique 19 digit PAN number that they will be able to trace all payments made. Tree is right, this is happening all over the country and tokens are being phased out and key meters fitted. Allow them to do the change. The debt will not be justified now anyways so there is no way they can legally collect the monies.

Check your key meter settings regular to ensure they have not added any debt. Let us know if you have any problems getting your settings. From what you have said I doubt they will try to collect any debt from you and if they did it would be easily sorted.