Barclaycard claim- Newbie

louisapj1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New to credit card reclaims... (though not to cag)

I claimed last year for bank charges but I just can't get my head around credit card claiming...

Firstly I don't know how far it goes back? is it 6 years as bank charges?

What can I claim? Most of my charges were £15 late payment and £15 over credit limit charge (as far as I can remember, having few statements left, I went over my limit because of late payment charges)

My main concern, being at a more "grown-up" stage of my life now that I need to sort out my credit rating!

Even if I can't get back my money I really want defaults removed from my file.

I have no idea where to start with this, I'm quite tempted to use a company rather than tackle it myself, I realise they'll take a percentage but this seems complicated.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi, louisapj1.

It's the same as bank charges claims, just a different letter........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/586-credit-store-card-letter.html

As you say, you've already done the Bank Charges gig, It should be a doddle doing the Credit Card ;)

Have a look at this...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html?garpg=2

Yes, go back 6 years, complicated my eyeball :p

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Louisa and welcome to the Barclaycard forum.

In my opinion, reclaiming CCard chgs is now more simple than bank chgs. Certainly Barclaycard are repaying cases regularly, some without even issuing court action.

It's up to you whether to use a company to do this for you. I can't see the point personally as you can DIY and keep ALL the chgs that are refunded. Also, I'm not sure they'll be interested in the default removal which is important to you - to them, it's extra work which I doubt they'll know about or will charge extra for.

We'll help you when nec'y and you'll have good support throught your claim.

First stop should be to send BC the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) asking for all statements for the a/c's history. Enclose the £10 fee.

You can also send, seperately, a CCA request to see if BC have a proper Credit Agreement for the a/c. If they don't (which is often the case), as well as reclaiming your chgs you can demand the removal of any Defaults regarding this a/c.

Use letter N from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html and enclose the £1.00 fee.

It is advised that you send seperate letters for the SAR and the CCA request.

Have a look at the Reclaiming Chgs Guide in my signature below and come back with any queries.

Slick

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you.

I have decided to start with the CCA request as, looking through the sporadic selection of statements I have it seems most of the charges are more than 6 years old so I doubt I stand to reclaim much cash but would LOVE to have a nice shiny clean credit rating (which I won't blow on new shoes and a trip to Florida.. I really really won't, though it will take lots of willpower)

Just been reading through some similar threads, looks like it's going to stil lbe a bit confusing once I get the cca request back!

I can't seem to work out all the different types of forms Barclaycard have, what they mean and which are legal...

Fingers crossed mine wil be "unenforcable"!

Louisa,

When you've looked around, you should see that when members post a copy of the (so called) Agreement, we get Site Team bods to take a look and advise - you won't have to decide yourself.

You should send SAR as well, to see what chgs have been taken by BC in the last 6 years, unless you KNOW that you paid none.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)