PPI Claim For EGG Rejected my FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I contacted EGG about PPI added to a loan that was taken out a few years ago. It was my mother in law who took it out, we applied online and certinatly didnt take PPI, a few days later they called back and told her a few things had canged but that they would give it to her, it was very slightly more that what was stated online.

1 month before the loan was due to end i looked at the paperwork and noticed that they had made the loan over 3 1/2 years instead of the 3 that she asked for. In closer inspection i noticed that the PPI had been added. This was never mentioned on the call with her and it was the first that she heard of it. The agreement that she signed does have information on it but was never noticed

I sent EGG a letter asking for it back, it went through there normal process of saying that they where trying to find this telephone call, however in the end they said they couldnt find it but turned it down anyway.

I sent my complaint to FOS at the end of last year and just had this reply.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/gibbyni/img014.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/gibbyni/img015.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/gibbyni/img016.jpg

Is there any way I can appeal it, I know for certin that she never asked for it, and think its handy that they couldnt find the telephone call even though they have found other peoples who have been trying to get PPI back.

Whats my next step or is it dead in the water???

Ok I contacted EGG about PPI added to a loan that was taken out a few years ago. It was my mother in law who took it out, we applied online and certinatly didnt take PPI, a few days later they called back and told her a few things had canged but that they would give it to her, it was very slightly more that what was stated online.

1 month before the loan was due to end i looked at the paperwork and noticed that they had made the loan over 3 1/2 years instead of the 3 that she asked for. In closer inspection i noticed that the PPI had been added. This was never mentioned on the call with her and it was the first that she heard of it. The agreement that she signed does have information on it but was never noticed

I sent EGG a letter asking for it back, it went through there normal process of saying that they where trying to find this telephone call, however in the end they said they couldnt find it but turned it down anyway.

I sent my complaint to FOS at the end of last year and just had this reply.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/gibbyni/img014.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/gibbyni/img015.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg284/gibbyni/img016.jpg

Is there any way I can appeal it, I know for certin that she never asked for it, and think its handy that they couldnt find the telephone call even though they have found other peoples who have been trying to get PPI back.

Whats my next step or is it dead in the water???

Hello Gibby,

Under what reasons did you approach the fos for an investigation. They have invited you to come back with any objections etc before they close the case by the 19th March.

Be mindful that you can still issue legal proceeding agaist the company.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Gibby,

Under what reasons did you approach the fos for an investigation. They have invited you to come back with any objections etc before they close the case by the 19th March.

Be mindful that you can still issue legal proceeding agaist the company.

I went to the FOS as I thought it would be the easier option , the main reason were saying its missold was that she didnt even know that she had PPI untill we looked at the paperwork and saw that it had been added over 3 years later. During this telephone call where they changed the figures and added the PPI it wasnt even mentioned and if it had been she would have turned it down.

I went to the FOS as I thought it would be the easier option , the main reason were saying its missold was that she didnt even know that she had PPI untill we looked at the paperwork and saw that it had been added over 3 years later. During this telephone call where they changed the figures and added the PPI it wasnt even mentioned and if it had been she would have turned it down.

I totally agree with you, many people are totally unaware that they had ppi. I didn't know. I even broke my leg and was off work for 14weeks, I could have claimed on it.

These companies prey on customers ignorance and desperation for a loan. In the conversation, most people just here the word yes, the amount they can borrow and if they can afford the monthly payments:eek:

What are you going to do with this one?????

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 3 months later...

Is there any more news on this please. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D