Lloyds TSB debt; passed from AIC to Apex Credit Management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was being chased by AIC for an overdraft debt just under £2,000. I sent them CCA request in October - this was ignored. I then received two letters from AIC last month which told me court proceedings were going to start and that they would pay me a 'home visit'. I sent them a letter two weeks ago telling them the account was in dispute (currently waiting for a copy of my statements from the bank because they took over £1,000 in charges on that overdraft), to stop harassing me, NOT to visit my house and that I would contact them in due course.

Now, just 10 minutes ago, a letter from Apex Credit Management pops through the door claiming the overdraft debt. What do I do now? I will obviously tell them the account is in dispute, but do I need to send a new CCA request? :???:

No, you don't need to send a new CCA request. Just send a short reminder of the situation:

Dear Curs

You are in criminal default of the formal request I made on (date) pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. It should not be necessary to remind you that the law is clear that whilst in default, you may not demand payment. If you do not understand this, you should consult a qualified solicitor.

Until you comply fully and properly with my request, or confirm in writing that you are unable to do so, I will not enter into further correspondence.

Yours etc.

Edit the first line to read: " Your client is in criminal ...", and send it to the latest DCA.

They may claim that AIC returned the file to the client; however AIC were under a legal obligation, as the original creditor's agent, to pass the request on, and so as long as the request was received whilst they were still acting, it remains extant. Presumably you haven't had the £1 fee back, thus demonstrating that they acknowledged the request.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How is s.77/78 relevant to an Overdraft? I believe an overdraft does not require a CCA and is covered by your agreement.

Best Wishes

MoonHawk

I think it would be a good idea.

Mahatma Gandhi when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Advice & opinions of MoonHawk are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Lloyds TSB - Unlawful charges - Settled £8,807.68

Motor Help UK - Misrepesentation Act - Settled £111.25 (Thread Here)

Next Directory court action without a CCA for £605 - Settled & account closed (Thread Here)

CABOT - Can not produce CCA and refusing to accept it - In progress

Aktiv Kapital - Can not produce CCA and also refusing to accept it - In progress

Barclaycard - Can not produce CCA for an account of £2,000. After a long fight used CPR - Settled

• 1 year later...

Can someone please help me? I am new on here today, found this site accidentally. I am looking for advice on dealing with Apex management who have taken over an outstanding debt originally owed to Lloyds Tsb (approx £14,500) Having read some posts on here i am concerned should not be paying Apex who want £130/mth for approx 14yrs! Can anyone advise me pleas?