• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

A & L Trying Court second time

bach
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, can you still send a CCA after a CCJ has been issued and are the DCA obliged to answer it or can they refuse on the grounds the debt has been proven?

Might need to utilise this one myself shortly.

I dont think they can refuse to send you one. But as said previously the CCJ still stands.

• 1 month later...

Im no expert and hope Im wrong but it seems that A&L have applied to the court to have the CCJ set aside but the court has rulled there are no grounds for this.

If this is the case you may need to contact a solicitor. It would seem that A&L have admitted they are in the wrong but the judgement against you still stands. Perhaps you could scan the document and put it on here then some of the experts can look at it.

Sorry:-(

Hi Bach,

In one of your earlier postings, you mentioned receiving a letter from the courts....

Also recieved a letter from the Courts saying (17th April,) "

they have spoken to the solicitor and they confirm that this action is to be discontinued." the letter then goes on to say that

"we are informed that an application to set aside the Judgement is going to be made." No further payments are required and any further correspondence should be directed to A & L rather that Global

Letter recived from Solicitor (17th April) enclosed by way of service on you Notice of Discontinuance which today has been lodged with the County Court.

Under the circumstances, I think that you should ring the court on Monday and find out what's going on. The document that you've just received suggests that the court is going ahead with the Order because A & L's solicitor appear to have failed to lodge their Notice of Discontinuance with the court.... as stated in their letter to you :mad: . The court therefore needs to be notified that A & L have stopped proceedings against you, so that the Order can be "set aside, varied or stayed".

As for the wording of :

"It is ordered that

The application to set aside the judgement is dismissed as no gounds for such order within the Civil Procedure Rules are set out in the application"

This indicates that the Order will go ahead if you do not respond within the timescales that they have given you.....

Ring the court on Monday for clarification.... but whatever they suggest/agree to on the 'phone, remember to follow it up in writing (rec. delivery), with copies of all letters received from A & L to confirm that they are no longer pursuing the matter.

Does anyone else have any better ideas ?

:)

You said what I tried to say earlier but much more eloquently

• Haha 1

I thought this was the end of the matter for a while, another Sunday gone doing a load of paper work:mad:

Many thanks again

Lynn

Hopefully it will be wortwhile and the result will be a succesful outcome for you and not A&L

Any chance you can get something in writing Bach ? I'm such a cynic.... What happens if the solicitor continues to follow the wrong procedure, for example ?

It might be worth explaining to the court how worried you are....

:)

I agree. It would be preferable to have things in writing in case at some date in the future a less scrupulous DCA gets hold of it and goes through the whole rigmarole again. The solicitors seem friendly enough so it shouldnt be any bother to them to type a couple of lines for you.

Forgot to mention in previous correspondance a letter received says "do not make any payments" this was in the letter that says that the Court action was to be discontinued. I also wrote to them asking what I should do and If I needed to pay anything,

Just don't know what there up to.

Im so glad I followed yr advice by sending those letters yesterday (Tuesday)

Lynn

I know its difficult. Try and sit tight till you get a reply to yesterdays letters.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm no expert but that infers that they have provided you with a photocopy of the agreement which is accpetable.

Can you confirm if you received a photocopy or not?

A photocopy is insufficient for a court. They need the original

You'v all been such a great help, I had a mini stroke on Saturday, feeling much better now Im sure its partly to do with all this. Tomorrow will get a letter of to the Solicitors and spend the day getting bundle ready for the Court date

Thanks again lynn

Lynn the stress of all this nonsense has no doubt contributed to your TIA. If you dont feel up to arguing your case at the minute with these mongrels a good letter from your GP or consultant should get you some breathing space

• Haha 1

They can omit the signature box and name & address of the debtor if they wish to hide behind the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copy Documents) Regulations 1983. But they'd need the signed document in order to try and enforce it through the courts.

Personally, I would be inclined to point this fact out to the solicitor.... but am interested to hear what the others think. :cool:

I agree with you P1 I just cannot see how any judge with half a brain can accept this photoshop special. He must be very ignorant of the CCA or maybe firendly with the solicitors involved (allegedly)

• 3 weeks later...

Great result and if they are foolish enough to come back you still have the CCA.

Wonder if the judge will take any action re Abuse of Process.

Caggers seem to be having a very succesful week:D

Should I be doing any thing else now?

Once again a big thank you

YES and this is most important

Get yourself a large bottle of Champagne, chill it in the fridge. Put your feet up and drink to your sucess:lol: