Help Needed ASAP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

Ive just got a letter from Aplins Solicitors saying that i have failed to make a payment under a CCJ with Hillesden Securities Ltd and that they are applying for an Attachment of Earning Order against me.

Please advise.

Alex

have you actually missed a payment on a CCJ?

If this is the case, you should try writing to the creditor and explain why you missed the payment and enclose the missing payment with the letter

You need to pay a CCJ as the DCA will apply for a warant of execution. You could try getting the amount varied down to suit your income and expenditure.

what is a DCA? I have no idea what you are on about?

what is a DCA? I have no idea what you are on about?

Hi don't fret too much about the jargon etc. we just need to get a little more information to ensure that the advice proffered is relevant.

seemingly, someone has taken you (*or someone with a very similar name to yours) to court and obtained a CCJ on your (*) name.

Do you know who it was?

Do you know what it was for?

Have you had any other earlier communications with either this or any other DCA (Debt Collection Agency)

• Haha 1

All it says is that the client is Hillesden Securities Ltd, the court was Hereford??? and the claim no. is 4XL46894 and the balance outstanding is £1,164.84. They say that i have failed to make a payment to this CCJ! Thats all the information i have in front of me. They are going to apply for an attachment of earnings order against me? Is there any way i can find out about this CCJ??

You can contact the county court at Hereford with the claim number. Is Hereford court near to you?

You still haven't clarified, is there any possibility at all that this debt is yours? did you have a debt for a similar amount that had "disappeared"

If they are pursuing you for someone elses debt, this would need a different response to them getting a CCJ against the right person by default