confused! DCAs have given up but am I safe!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DCRI & 1st Credit (may they rot etc!) have apparently (touch wood...) given up on me as they have been unable to produce a Cred Agrmnt; I haven't heard from them for months. Thing is, we are selling our house in order to pay off our debts and obviously I want to sort things and cross the i's and dot the t's ;-)

The idea is to make F&F offers once the house money is there but if I contact them again and offer even a nominal amount might they try it on again? I don't really want to leave it unresolved but has anyone any experience of this?

well if you haven't heard anything for months then contact the OFT since they've broken the law in not sending the CCA within 12+30 days. Certainly if you offer money they'll think the game's on again and will start harrassing you. At the moment they can do nothing until they produce the CCA. If they had it, they would have sent it within 6 to 8 weeks at the most. If you're well over that time then it sounds like they don't have it. Writing to the OFT will be the best course of action as it will spur them into admitting they don't have it

They probably would open it up again if you contacted them. I'd just keep the money you would have paid them in a bank account somewhere.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi There,

In my experiene, these things never go away and will always rear their ugly head sooner or later.

I worked through my debts (approx £16,000), doing deals with DCA's and Barclays, managed to negoitate some good discounts through advice on this website and now can sleep a lot better at night.

NTL are still pursuing us for about £384 but we refuse to pay it as we did not get the correct installation and service. We tried to sort it out with them but just gave up.

They bounce the debt around various DCA's and Solictors but none of them can produce a CCA and I send each one copies of every letter of email I sent to NTL or previous DCA'a.

The last solicitor seems to have given up but I bet someone else will be back.

If you have the capital to pay, personally I would wait until they contact you again and offer to pay 30 - 40% of the debt in exchange for closure, being prepared to go to 50% (seek advice and use templates from this forum before doing so).

Dear LJL

I admire your tenacity! I was ill already and the state we're in has made matters worse. I really want to KNOW that i can't be pursued for the next 6 years and this is my dilemma. THere just doesn't seem to be an obvious answer; everything is suck it and see which for me is far too precarious, given my health and general situation. Thanks anyway for sharing your experience; it does help to know what others have done.