Unwanted "guests" to the forum

gyzmo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am aware of the possibility that organisations are trolling this (and other) sites for information on people's complaints, causing some to be reluctant to post certain details, including documents. I am just wondering of possible ways this can be thwarted.

Maybe:

A notice requiring that people not to look at the forum with a view to initiating action or using information posted on the forums in an action against a poster. Is this effective? Could it work?

False posts. Details of non-existent cases. This has the obvious disadvantage spending time for, well, no reason at all. But I bet it would drive investigators up the wall!

I just feel really annoyed that these organisations are doing this. People need help and advice and feel prevented from getting it due to these actions. It's bad enough for most without this happening.

If you are someone who is doing this, then shame on you. In my mind, you are somewhere way below a parasite.:p

This is why we tell you not to use your real personal information so that you can not be easily identified.

If we were to post misinformation, that would defeat the whole purpose of the site...... Nobody would know what advice to follow.

Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

There was some discussion on this subject when I fell fowl of it in court a couple of months ago

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-knowledge/123734-watch-what-you-type.html

There doesn't seem to be much that can be done besides following roosters excellent advice to make sure that nothing you post can be linked to you.

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

The lovely ' Credit Collections & Risk' magazine has had a couple of articles printed over the last few months blatantly saying that most consumer info sites are misleading at best and should be shut down. Clearly they are looking at sites on a regular basis. Equally clear;y they don't like what they see because it enpowers the consumer ( they also talk about people being encouraged to 'abuse loopholes' in the law.

I wasn't aware that the CCA was a loophole ( nor the Limitations Act for that matter but there you go. It's quite interesting when you read these publications just how little regard they have for the consumer...

This is reminiscent of the CSA's view of mutual-aid consumer websites. It seems that making people aware of their rights is 'misleading'. Given that the majority of the CSA's members feature regularly on consumer websites (and with FOS) for failing to comply with the terms of consumer credit licences and the law, one wonders whether the CSA should look to put their own house in order first.

The smug arrogance and disdain for their legal and regulatory obligations, and the rights of their customers, with which much of the consumer financial industry has conducted itself for many years is finally being exposed and their previously unquestioned credibility and integrity is now being called into question - it would be naive to think that they would welcome such exposure.