GE Money help with a CCA reply

Caz1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I CCA'd GE Money for a Dorothy Perkins card.

They sent me this one page document as a reply.

Please could someone look over it because it looks suspiciously like an application form and not a valid CCA.

If this is the case could someone please help me out with a good letter to fire back at them ( believe it or not this is the first ever piece of paper I have had for a CCA request the others simply never complied with anything)

Thanks in advance I'm feeling a bit rusty:D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/dc-ceramics/GEMONEY.jpg

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Hello there Caz

I hate to say this but it looks good to me.

it looks like ,although i cant clearly read it, that the prescribed terms are in the box at the bottom,

it seems to set out the rate of interest, credit limit and payments etc.

did you use the card on the day you applied for it? if you did then they normally dont allow you to cancel, so the cancellation rights arguement could be shot too

regards

paul

Thanks Loads Paul :D

Yes unfortunately I did use it on the day - so that's that one out the window but I'm glad someone came along that could say it looked good.

I'm getting a bit confused with the whole application not being a CCA and this is a copy of the application form I filled in at the Store.

Onwards and upwards it's time to sit and wait for my S.A.R to be returned so I can plough ahead with my claim for all the high fees that have been applied over the years :)

Thanks again!

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Thanks Loads Paul :D

Yes unfortunately I did use it on the day - so that's that one out the window but I'm glad someone came along that could say it looked good.

I'm getting a bit confused with the whole application not being a CCA and this is a copy of the application form I filled in at the Store.

Onwards and upwards it's time to sit and wait for my S.A.R to be returned so I can plough ahead with my claim for all the high fees that have been applied over the years :)

Thanks again!

Hi Caz,

Basically , a document,providing it contained the prescribed terms and was signed in the prescribed manner would be enforceable by a court under s127(3) .under that section it is rather irrelevant if it is an application or the final credit agreement ,if it contains the required parts it could be enforced

regards

paul

• Haha 1

Thanks Muchly :D

My head was zooming lastnight after reading all the arguments about CCA's and whether they were valid or not so that settles it!! OOoooo what a weight off my noggin:)

The charges far out weigh what's owed anyway and it's always nice to get them back and make a clean slate....Thanks you're a God send

I have to concour with paul...the prescribed terms do seem to be there, although dificult to make out from your scan

Sorry

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Thanks for your time Paul & Dave it's much appreciated.