1st Credit - CCA request takes 3-4 weeks!

29spots
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have finally going to sort all may finances out and I thought the best way was to request CCA from all my credit cards. My Citi credit card has been pasted to 1st Credit so I sent them the CCA letter I have found on the site. Today I have received a very strange letter from them regarding my request.

We refer to your recent communication requesting a copy of the relevant agreement.

We Will shortly be advising our client of your request and the document will be sent to you as soon as possible. This process may take at least six to eight weeks.

Should your request also include the blow documents, please be advised of the following:

Deed of assignement- we would refer you to Section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925 which provides that the debtor is notified of the assignment of the debt in writing and not a copy of the Deed itself.

Copy statements - there is a charge of £10.00 for this information.

On receipt of the copy agreement we would expect you to contact the office immediateley to arrange settlement of the debt.

Please call this office should you wish to discuss this matter.

Yours Faithfully

ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT

I am not sure what is ment by this, I only have a credit card with Citi nothing todo with my property. They also say that it will take 3-4 weeks, do I wait that long or continue after the 12 days that I gave them.

Starting with NatWest - 3 personal, 5 business accounts

Next 11 credit cards

Next personal loans, morgages, sercured loans

Then anything else I can think of.

Yep OK so they are taking out of their bottoms.

There are clear deadlines for your CCA request, never mind.

Once they pass the 12 WORKING days the account is in default and you can lawfully cease payments.

Once the further month is passed and they continue to demand payment, then a report to Trading Standards would be in order as they are chasing and unsubstantiated debt.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

The deadlines are clear enough and 1st Credit, as consumer credit licence holders, know the rules as well as anyone. They are talking bullocks and they know it and unless they come up with the required paperwork in its proper form within 12 days they are in default.

That means they cannot enforce this debt until they do and you can withold any payments you are making or were thinking of mamking to them.

Once they cross the calendar month deadline they are on very shaky ground. They may well come up with something they think will pass muster as a credit agreement and may think they have enough to persuade a judge to make an order for payment. If that happens there will be plenty of advice available here.

Thank that was quick, so just sit and wait and ignor the phone requesting money.

Next 11 credit cards

Thanks for your help, love the picture Curlyben its just like looking in the mirror.

Next 11 credit cards

As for the £10 they have demanded for copy statement this too is more crap from these people. There is an obligation for these to be supplied along with your CCA request.

Strictly speaking (something the lovely Lady Blakeney does to me quite often, for spending too much time on CAG), a CCA request should be responded to with a copy agreement, a copy of any other document referred to in the agreement, and a statement of account, which should contain several bits of prescribed info.

Most DCA's, however, interpret this as:

A fuzzy photocopy of a non-compliant application form

A copy of current terms and conditions (optional)

or

Increasingly strident demands

or

Offers to settle for less

Both of the latter are good combat indicators that no agreement exists

Sadly, the debt industry is quite profitable, and those in charge do not want to see unnecessary costs, such as training staff properly,eat into their profit. Consequently the drones become confused, and don't know their SAR from their CCA.