Has anyone else checked their credit file after a CCA hasn't been complied with?

olliepup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i thought i'd start a new topic off my other thread as this could be interesting.

I had a debt with a offspring of HSBC, the debt was defaulted 2 years ago and was passed onto their in house collectors which i agreed a term with.

The debt was recorded on my credit file for the amount owing.

So 2 years on they sold the debt on to L&R in which i recieved calls and threats of bankruptcy etc.

After following the advice of this site i told them to stop contacting and requested a CCA.

12 days passed and now the further month will be up on the 21st of this month and still no CCA.

I checked my credit file tonight and the said debt has gone!

Now i'm not sure if the new DCA has to re register it or they have removed it due to lack of CCA?

The thing is how many of you have checked your credit file after non production of a CCA to see if the debt is still outstanding on your file!

Could be interesting stuff!

On sale the OC removes the information and it's up to the DCA to update from there.

In this case I would say it was an oversight from the DCA.

Lack of CCA doesn't stop them processing your data, I know it should, but....

How are you checking your report as the CRA's do some interesting things with the data they collate.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

The opposite is usually th case. The debt collector adds his name to the debt so there appears to be two debts when there in reality there is only one. Another instance is that a debt collector, who has no cca or any other documentation to back up their claims, makes a check with the credit agencies. This is recorded on the file and can be seen by other credit providers. This is wrong because without documentation the debt collector cannot prove they have your consent to process data. The whole industry, including the credit refenerence agencies which exist almost totally for the benefit of credit/debt collection businesses, needs a radical shake-up.