Orange + NCO (advice please)

jamespp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I went through a bad financial patch around 5 months ago, one of the outcomes of this was Orange passing my debt onto a debt collection agency. This was not originally with NCO, but not paying it for a few months it got transferred (and a £30 increase bringing it to 171.24).

NCO called me on 3rd december and told me if i made a payment of £129.00 they would consider the debt cleared, sounded good to me I went ahead with it (i was planning to anyway).

NCO have sent me 3 letters since then requesting a payment of £42, is this some sort of [problem]? Should i pay the £42? Has anybody else experienced similar behaviour?

I appreciate any advice given.

Thanks

James

Did they send you anything to confirm that the payment of £129 would clear the debt? If not, it may just be a case of calling them again, speaking to a supervisor / team leader and stressing your case. They should have put some notes on your file at the time. It's worth a try in the first instance. Also, find out if calls are recorded. if they are, you should be able to submit a Subject Access Request to get hold of a copy of the recording where they agreed that the payment would clear it.

I had a smiliar problem with O2, a SAR did show I was correct and they had accepted the settlement agreement but then went back on their word. I would just the manager to look into it and take their name and direct dial number incase you need to contact them again rather than talking to someone who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.