mackenzie hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi new to the forum... Today i recieved a letter from MH at my work place!! usually i am happy to ignore such letters but as it has come to my work place it does worry me a little! i ahve a few debts but only of 100 pound here and there nothin major

it is the standard "fishing" letter that seems to get sent out... please can someone advise me...

thanks in advance.x

Sounds like that tey have taken up the sport of fishing. I would ignore it for the time being and see what else arrives with the post.

Its a bit worrying that it has been sent to your employes address, Im sure that it must be against the OFT guidelines of debt collection.

Does your mail get opened at work, or is it handed over to you unopened?

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

Hi dizziblonde:

I had "dealings" with this lot last year.

Just ignore this bug of a company & they go away eventually - do not phone/write to them or anything.

They are useless with a capital U.

They have a company called Meritforce which you may get passed onto eventually who are even more useless with a capital U :shock:

Hi I have also just received post from M H. Basically saying they have written to me and not heard. Advising me to get in touch or one of their field advisor's will call.

I am not even sure what it applies to. It could be a debt with HSBC, going back to around 2002 or 2003. Was experiencing dire problems at the time with ex husband.

I am not really sure how to proceed. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

I used to read these threads regularly but since working, and using the pc regularly for my job, I just can't face spending too much extra time on it. Seems to take over my life completely, not to mention the back ache,lol, really need a supportive chair!:)

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

They want you to contact them by phone so they can harrass and buklly you over a debt you may or may not owe without leaving the paper trail that writing to you does.

If thyey have not had the courtesy to send you details of this in ther post first and then asked you to contact them then I would ignore them until they do.

Threatening to send round "one of the boys" is no idle threat as they do own Meritforce, a company which employs about 500 self-employed agents nationwide. But that's just what they are, agents, and on commission too. They have no powers to demand you talk to them. If one does pitch up on your doorstep tell him to go away. If he doesn't tell him you're reporting the matter to the police. Make sure you get his name (and car details if applicable).

They are full of bull**** :mad:

it would cost them far more in travelling expenses to visit debtors than what they would ever actually receive back.

For example if they were to travel 200 miles to ask someone why they havent paid etc...how much would that cost them in petrol money?

Then..to be told to "go away" in no uncertain terms - what a waste of money that would be :D

Ive lost count of the amount of "visits" i was told i was gonna get throughout 2007 - surely it doesnt take them a year to travel a few hundred miles? :rolleyes:

It certainly isn't against the law.

If you had bothered to deal with this matter or answered letters sent to your home address they wouldn't have needed to take this step. Your fault, no-one to blame but you.

Can we now discuss how you are going to pay this debt off?

as for Mr Ton, I hardly think one of THEIR staff will travel a few hundred miles. They use local agents. You are also full of...

luckly i am one of the senior member of staff so i do get any mail addressed to me past straight to me. so i shall ignore them for now see what happens i was more concerned that i would have some bully turn up at my work place asking for me..

an advantage i have is that i have just married so i can brief my fellow staff if it does get to that point thanx for all the advice i shall keep you posted!!

thanx again...xxx