Dundee v A & L

dundeelaw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just begun a case against Alliance & Leicester regarding my Bank Charges, however, in this case, the first was due to an error on Alliance & Leicester's part which they are refusing to refund giving the usual reply saying that they don't have to refund charges until the outcome of the Test Case.

I put in my claim that it does not refer to the Legality or Illegality of the Charges but an error on A&L part. In the even it is stayed, I have a protracted Legal Argument to remove the stay or at least to get a court order placed on A&L o stop and further charges until the Final Outcome of the Test Case (and any subsequent Appeal Cases).

• 1 month later...

***URGENT***

Can anyone help me. My claim has been stayed and I am applying for a removal of the stay, however, I require a list of successful claims against alliance and leicester as well as other banks.

The Link on this site to a file is no longer there. If someone has this file can they message me and I will give them my email address to send a copy to.

Thanks.

Hello. Just keeping you updated. I found all the information I needed. I have filled out my N224 and have sent it off today to have the stay lifted. Hopefully I may get lucky. Tried to put in a convincing argument so will see how it goes. Will keep you all upto date. Gonna try and see if what I seen on the Stay Order will help.

The order to stay my case was granted on 8th November 2007 which was 9 weeks before I even submitted my claim. I sumitted the claim on 14 January 2008 so...will se if that helps. Wrote that the judge had already seemed to stay my case without reading it and before it was submitted to court. Also, my claim initially was about a Baking error that caused the Bank Charges. My Bank did put in a good defence to this but since the judge stayed it, it looks as if he believes it is looking at the legality of the charges.

Had 9 Pages Plus 4 pages of sample cases on top of the 2 page N224 form. So Wragge & Co getting 15 page letter very soon.

Hi DL,

Your case sounds a little similar to mine so I am reading with interest. I wrote to the court asking for the stay to be lifted, also informed them of A+L's unlawful actions, but I worry that I have not done things properly.

Best of luck,

Loz

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided

Hey Loz. I feel the same way that I have not done things properly but I have followed the steps on here and added more of my own information, so hopefully I will be able to get it lifted where I can then apply for wasted costs when I turn up at court (Alliance & Leicester or their Solicitors Wragge & Co, rarely turn up at court).

I live in Dundee but since I am suing through an English Address in Basingstoke, if I am to travel down there and A & L don't show up, I may be able to claim almost £400 in Petrol Costs plus time off work that will be around £120 plus litigant in person etc....will cost them almost £1000 if they go all the way, which is stupid of them because I am only suing for £142 plus court costs.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to keep you updated on my case. I sent in my N224 Part C to lift the stay and they have now transferred my case aswell as my application to the court where my service address is (Basingstoke). It cost me £0. I thought that all N224 Applications cost £35 but the Court Manager sent the cheque bank saying no funds are necessary.

I am now awaiting contact from Basingstoke County Court as well as Wragge & Co to hear what they have to say.

I do think they will back down as it was only for £150 or so but now there would be court costs on top of that plus interest. Should I go to court, I will file an application for wasted costs. I noted this in my N224 application also where I would seek costs for travelling (PETROL) at the rate of 40pence per mile round trip is nearly 900 miles...I hope they now know I mean business.