Can Defaults just 'disappear' from your report?

jkspepper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just started a dispute with Natwest regarding a default placed on my student overdraft account.

I wrote letters and they wrote back with the usual s.77 clauses does not require this and that (blah, blah...) and also that the account is settled and therefore no longer needs to adhere to the CCA as well as the fact, combined with the above they also write:

I return herewith your cheque in the sum of £1.00. As the loan is no longer current and has been repaid the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Section 77 does not apply and we are unable to provide the information as advised above.

This appears to be the normal fob-off that most people receive and I was expecting to mount a replay playing the Data Protections card, but upon checking my credit file today from Equifax - I find no mention of the Natwest default anywhere?!

All records of Natwest and the default have disappeared it seems and my credit score has increased by 3 points (wow! :rolleyes: )

So my question is - is this a clerical error? Have Equifax forgot to include it? Or can these things only disappear if NatWest tells them to remove it? Meaning that the default is free from my file forever? (Hooray!)

And now with this report it doesn't show it, can they put it back on again in my next report?

I'm confused as to why it is gone because the NatWest letter sent to me didn't say anything about removing the default and appears as a standard reply.

Any help much appreciated!

Hi

they might have removed it......(maybe) they can do whatever they feel (they think)

so yes it may come back....but I think that they may have some explaining to do

but there are 3 credit agencies......2 main ones

I would certainley check the other one (or two) :)

However if you really want to see your agreement S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them and ask for ALL data and agreements held by them...the unfortunate thing about this approach is that it costs £10 and they have 40 days :(

hope this helps

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• 2 weeks later...