SSL V Robison Way/JD Williams **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have already had a battle with JD and won. :D

I have managed to find the old paper work on another 2 old accounts with them.

Ok, so this is where i am so far. :rolleyes:

I had 2 acounts with JD Williams.

That were transfered over to Robinson Way. (sold im assuming)

I was bogged down with letters from them, and was paying it off weekly. Anyhow. Stupidly i paid them of in full last year. I did manage to knock a lot off the total.

So once i found all the account details, i sent the prelim and lba to JD, as you always go to the original company. I paid all the charges to JD Williams, So i should get the charges back from them!!

I have recieved a few letters back and they are adamant, as i paid the whole debt to Robinson way, its up to Robinson way to repay any claim.

So im ready to file, but just wanted to double check.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you claiming, SSL?

Sorry, i should of made it clear. Im claiming the admin charges on my 2 old catalogue accounts.

Please can you advise how you got the total reduced in the past?

If you are going to pay a debt off in full, you should never offer to pay the full amount.

Here is a letter you can use to make an offer. Im not sure of the percentage to offer, but im sure one of these debt guys will know. I took off over £350.00 off one of mine.

Letter J, but all these letters are useful.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I have already had a battle with JD and won. :D

I have managed to find the old paper work on another 2 old accounts with them.

Ok, so this is where i am so far. :rolleyes:

I had 2 acounts with JD Williams.

That were transfered over to Robinson Way. (sold im assuming)

I was bogged down with letters from them, and was paying it off weekly. Anyhow. Stupidly i paid them of in full last year. I did manage to knock a lot off the total.

So once i found all the account details, i sent the prelim and lba to JD, as you always go to the original company.

I have recieved a few letters back and they are adamant, as i paid the whole debt to Robinson way, its up to Robinson way to repay any claim.

So im ready to file, but just wanted to double check. Do i go for JD or Robinson way? :rolleyes:

i would think maybe jd but im sure somebody will be along to help:-D

agree with CB, JD just passing the buck, you wont get anywhere with robbin way

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

I have all court papers ready to file on Monday for JD.

F&Q's... Read here

I have posted all the forms of, recorded delivery of course. ;)

So lets see what they have to say when they receive these. :D

F&Q's... Read here

i would say good luck but i think "have fun" seems more the case

• Haha 1

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Abbey charges, Won

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Always have fun, when im up against these lot. :p

But thankyou anyway. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

I recieved my court papers today. They have until the 24th and 25th January to reply. So no doubt i will recieve my defence papers this week. Hmmmm cant wait to see whats going to be in those. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

I have received 2 letters stating they have acknowledged the claims. So they now have till the 15th of Feb to get their defence in, although im not sure what on earth they can put in it, but knowing JD, they will have something up their sleeve...! :rolleyes:

F&Q's... Read here

Subbing with interest SSL :)

I made a payment of £200 over the ‘phone (yes I know I shouldn’t have but it was pre-CAG) to UK Default Recovery regarding an old Yorkshire Bank overdraft and all I ever received in writing from them (after three months of hassling them) was a letter stating that the debt had now been cleared in full with no mention of how much I’d paid (yep, you guessed it - I didn’t CCA them;))

After reading through your thread, it’s made me think about re-claiming charges on my old YB o/d now. Something else to add to my “to do” list :rolleyes:

Good Luck!

Go for it Bo!! Now you have 1 thread less to do, we cant have you getting bored..!! :p

F&Q's... Read here

• 1 month later...

Ok i forgot to update this thread.

I recieved the defence papers a few weeks ago. Full of what i expected.

You didnt pay us so we not gonna pay you basically!!

Anyway, i recieved my AQ in the post, so they are all filled in now and have been posted back, and sent to JD aswell. So im just waiting on them now, see what their next move is. :rolleyes:

F&Q's... Read here

we wait with baited breath

Abbey charges, Won

Has anyone seen this - report ins everal papers re Robinson Way's 'Masters'

Credit Today online

Shows why they are becoming so 'pro-active' regarding court cases....

ooooooooooooooo interesting

Abbey charges, Won

• 3 weeks later...

I have been meaning to update this thread recently. I received a court date for 21st April 2008. I had put it in as 2 separate claims, so both court dates are the same time on the same day.

Anyway, today i received 2 letters from their in house solicitor saying....

"While we vehemently deny any liability, we stand by the defence which we filed, it is not commercially viable for us to incur disproportional costs and inconvenience attending your local Court. We agree to pay you £xxx"

Now go away....:p

SO....I WON....!!!!! (again) :D:D

I was really looking forward to meeting their in house solicitor in court. As she writes me such lovely letters!! ;)

So letters are signed and sent back. Just waiting for the cheques to arrive. :D

F&Q's... Read here