• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Barclaycard & PPP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, just a quickie about Barclaycard and PPP.

This will be the second time i've tackled Barclaycard about my PPP by letter, the second letter i sent by recorded post. I've heard nothing from them, there's never been an acknowledgement they've received my complaint and today i received my new statement with PPP still being added to my bill.

I thought cancelling the PPP and claiming back the money they've taken off me would be difficult but i didn't expect them to ignore me. I truly believe i was mis-sold my PPP as i was already disabled ......despite the Barclaycard rep insisting it did not matter and further use of my Barclaycard depended on it.

Was i wrong to even think that?

I would send them a Letter Before Action, giving them 14 days to cancel the PPI from the date of your original letter, and to refund the payments - otherwise you will take court action against them.

The alternative is to start a complaint through the FOS - although they will then allow Barclaycard another eight weeks to respond.

• 1 year later...

Hi again everyone. Another year goes by and finally a reply from the Financial Ombudsman.

According to the FO letter they have intervened with Barclays Bank PLC and they wish to settle my complaint, on a 'goodwill basis', and without admission of liability.

If you've picked yourself up from the floor thanks to uncontrolable laughter, i wonder if i'm right in thinking this is a standard letter sent out hoping i'll cave in and take my complaint no further? The FO says they can still persue my complaint. Being disabled, and being sold PPI knowing i could never make a claim because i was disabled at the time of being offered the insurance, does seem like a good reason to carry on.

Unfortunately there is no financial estimate as to how much Barclays will offer, i paid the damn PPI for around a decade, but i assume it will be a pittance.

An enclosed settlement form awaits my signature and i have until April 7 2009 to sign it. I would very much appreciate any advice from anyone, i trust this forum and it's opinions. To be honest your advice will be the only independent advice i will get as my family have neither shown an interest in my problem with Barclays nor will they discuss it. So, as you can imagine, any thoughts will be gratefully received.

Thankyou.

Hi Colonelsun,

Can you confirm this ltr is from the FOS. I assume you've heard nothing from Barclays so far.

Clearly, you can't sign a settlement form if you don't knows the terms of the proposed settlement. :confused:

You should contact the FOS and seek details of the sett't.

In the meantime, have you added up, on a spreadsheet and including interest, what you believe you've been charged:-

1. Over the last 6 years.

2. Over the period before this.

I'm no expert on PPI claims but I would have thought you'd have good grounds to claim beyond 6 years, if BC knew of your circumstances when they started charging the PPI on your a/c.

I'm moving this thread into the PPI forum where you should get more advice. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Colonelsun,

Can you confirm this ltr is from the FOS. I assume you've heard nothing from Barclays so far.

Clearly, you can't sign a settlement form if you don't knows the terms of the proposed settlement. :confused:

You should contact the FOS and seek details of the sett't.

In the meantime, have you added up, on a spreadsheet and including interest, what you believe you've been charged:-

1. Over the last 6 years.

2. Over the period before this.

I'm no expert on PPI claims but I would have thought you'd have good grounds to claim beyond 6 years, if BC knew of your circumstances when they started charging the PPI on your a/c.

I'm moving this thread into the PPI forum where you should get more advice. :)

Hi Slick and thanks for replying.

Yes i can confirm the letter IS from the Financial Ombudsman Service, of South Quay Plaza, Marsh Wall in London. The letter is signed by name deleted.

(apologies for mentioning names but i thought it might help explain who i've been dealing with).

Edited by slick132
name deleted - not necessary

If you've heard nothing from BC, contact the FOS and ask if they'll confirm the propsed settlement.

If they can't, perhaps they could give BC a prod, seeing how they expect you to reply by 7th April !!

Don't worry about this deadline, by the way. It is, of course, unreasonable for there to be ANY deadline when you have no idea of BC's settlement offer.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Slick132 you're a real tonic, you've lifted my spirits regarding Barclaycard and PPI.

UPDATE:

I rang the FOS and they explained that Barclaycard are offering the full amount i paid for the PPI and interest at 8%, that is going back as far as December 2002. ( I thought it was for a longer period than that but it seems i am mistaken ).

I'm told that if i don't like the numbers Barclaycard offer me i can return to the FOS for a recalculation....though after that's happened i wouldn't know where to go next.

I'm desperately trying to work out how much i paid in PPI since 2002, at £42.93, and then adding the 8%, is there an easy way of doing this?

Thankyou once again Slick.

Use this spready and it'll calculate int't from any date up to now, @ 8% - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xls