Additions (catalogue) + Account Cover Plus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi fellow caggers :)

Had a phone call from my sister yesterday asking if she could borrow £30 off me 'til her payday. I of course gave her the money but when i asked what it was for she said it was due to a £69 Additions catalogue bill.

I went round with the money and asked her if i could see the bill and what i saw was shocking! £19.45 for Account Cover Plus!!

I immediately asked her if she took out a PPI policy with Additions and she told me no because when she joined Additions it was owned by Argos and she paid at the counter when the goods arrived.

She is adamant that no contract was signed by her and at no time was she advised about the benefits of PPI or Account Cover Plus. As far as she remembers GUS took over the operation and sent her a catalogue. I now know that Littlewoods are the owners.

PPI would never have applied to her has she's been a single mother on benefits for the past 18 years :(

Opinions welcome please on how to claim back everything she's paid into this insurance.

Guest ChloeJane

You would first need to see the contract terms she has agreed to. So I would request a copy of the policy for PPI and a copy of the contract itself.

From there you will be able to establish when it was taken, date and how the contract was entered into. Some small print sometimes appears on online applications, but from what you have said she may have actually signed for it.

A £1 is what it costs to get a copy of the agreement. You can then see if the PPI was seperate or part of the main contract and how it was entered into.

That would be my first step.

You would first need to see the contract terms she has agreed to. So I would request a copy of the policy for PPI and a copy of the contract itself.

She didn't sign anything ChloeJane. A catalogue was dropped off on her doorstep. I must explain her situation clearer. Additions was owned by Argos all you had to do was order the clothes in-store and then pay cash at the counter when the goods were received. Argos decided to pass customer details on to GUS when they took over and now Littlewoods own Additions.

From there you will be able to establish when it was taken, date and how the contract was entered into. Some small print sometimes appears on online applications, but from what you have said she may have actually signed for it.

She's adamant she has not signed a contract and no online agreement was signed (she 's never owned a computer).

A £1 is what it costs to get a copy of the agreement. You can then see if the PPI was seperate or part of the main contract and how it was entered into.

That would be my first step.

I shall post the letter with a pound po enclosed but i'm sure it will be returned as they have no contract. We are not trying to pay for goods received just the insurance taken out without consent and therefore miss sold.

• 4 months later...

I have just joined Consumer Programs and from what I have read so far, I am so impressed by there help to everyone. What I would like to know is, is there a form that can help you with the wording to catalogue companies as Im not very good with that sort of thing and I cant seem to find how to get into the welcome page either, I seem to be going round in circles. If Im in the wrong place then please forgive me

I have just joined Consumer Programs and from what I have read so far, I am so impressed by there help to everyone. What I would like to know is, is there a form that can help you with the wording to catalogue companies as Im not very good with that sort of thing and I cant seem to find how to get into the welcome page either, I seem to be going round in circles. If Im in the wrong place then please forgive me

Hello Helenalana,

If you wish to enter into the payment protection forum, regarding a matter of ppl, you need to start a new thread and tell us your story, advice and guidence will be given as needed.

Click on to the ppi forum and if you click on this tab

newthread.gif

You can then start your new thread, good luck and will look out for you:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi helenalana, also have a read here to help you find your way about the site.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.