418am!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Sirs / Madams

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS! I live on a private estate in Kent - Ingress Park - and have been issued with a ticket from OPC. I have to say I am well aware that where I parked was a "turning point" and not a space but in the same instance; I have always adhered to "restirctions" and parked in my space. Last night someone was in my space so I parked in said turning space and at 418 this morning was issued with a 50 rising to 100 pounds if not paid in 14 days parking notice. The issuer could not state the excise license number on the ticket because they were "unable to read" as it states clearly on my ticket but they do have the registration number!

Do I have a leg to stand on? - £50 seems a bit extortionate!

Thanks and regards

A xx

In which case (and I thank you for your response) what do I do now? Not only that the date of issue on the "ticket" is incorrect.

"They" wrote 22/11 and it was issued at 4.18 on 21/11

Thanks

Date of issue is irrelevant.

OPC is a private company and you state that you were parked on private land. Therefore this is s private ticket.

Read the 'sticky' and of the other threads about private tickets - it's 99% unenforceable

Guest perky88

This is amazing ... 4:18am.

I take it they dont have any clear photos of your vehicle with signage in view .. (sorry I know what you're all going to say .. but even if I am right about enforceable with signs etc.. there is no way clear signage will be there)

You also have a right to park there ... so you were not in the correct bay ...

I beleive tickets are 100% enforceable, others view differs ... BUT even this one if I am right would NOT be enforced.

If they take you to court .. the judge will see you live there, not causing an obstruction, someone else in your space as if there wasnt you wouldnt have parked in the turning area ... no way on this planet would a judge award in OPCD favour (plus the 4:18 thing)

So, I would say this ticket was un-enforceable .. so dont worry.

Write back if you want, maybe best to do so, then IF (and this is a BIG if) it goes to court you have at the 1st opportunity stated your very valid case ...