Ruthbridge limited

Kingboyd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what information could they possibly want from you that they dont already have mate...they state they have all your relevant CCA documents to send to you, but then state they dont have information on you.

Dont forget mate...its up to the Debt agency to prove you owe the debt rather than you have to prove you dont.

sit back and wait

Sent letter today requesting CCA, found a voice mail on land line with the woman moaning she didn`t like being cut off tuff, and i should own up to the debt and take it like a man instead of post. According to my credit file the default was satisfied in 2005 with a balance of 0. What do i do when i get if i get the CCA. Also reported them to the trading standards had three phone calls in 20 mins.

If some lackey from a DCA left you a message like that then report them to the police. The offence is contrary to Section 1, Malicious Communications Act 1988, look it up on google.

If you owe them no money and they won't procude the CCA agreement then clearly they are trying it on with you and have no defence to this.

If you need further advice then please let me know.

Regards,

PJ

I wrote to Metropolitan asking specifically not to phone meas all calls will be treated as harrassment....2 weeks later 6 calls in one day....I am compiling my complaint to the OFT, FOS and TS.....with my evidence....

Don't bother with that!

You may sue them under Section 3, Protection From Harassment Act 1997 and claim damages for anxiety caused.

Regards,

PJ

Sure this is a DCA.

Sounds more like a wind up to me.

They told your wife they were calling round - great they just broke Data Protection.

Using the Courier trick is against OFT debt collection guidelines.

I could be wrong but this firm sound about as professional as a hooker, are you certain it's not one of your mates from down the pub trying to wind you up?

I wish it was.. The women told my wife she needs to talk to me to arrange when to come round (she cut them off) I have not give them permission to talk about it with anyone else (not on the phone long enough i cut them off)

They`ve got 10 days left to send CCA

there are penalties for failure to supply the agreement within the 12 working days time frames and the OFT can revoke their credit licence as well as criminal sanctions being applied by trading standards

the fact is that should they produce a valid agreement which is signed in the correct way they can apply to the court to have it enforced however until such time as the agreement is produced the debt would be unenforcable.

I borrowed these words from a site helper.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

If you had written in your letter for them to 'correspond in writing only' and that any phone calls made to you would be classed as harrassment and treated as such' they shouldn't be calling you and should be corresponding in WRITING ONLY....make sure you write down the date and the times they have called you. Basically as has been said here they will say ANYTHING to frighten you into paying.....if by some chance you do talk to them, tell them that you are recording the call.....either that or send them a harrassment letter quoting the Protection From Harrassment Act from 1997, and the 1984 Telecommunications Act from 1984......(again send it by recorded delivery)....they have to comply with your request for the CCA....if they don't do it by the timeframes 12+2 (working days) + 30 (calendar days) you MUST report them to the OFT and their local trading standards

Got a letter from ruthless today saying "As we have been unable to contact you by telephone, it is essential that you call our office immediately in order for us to deal with the issues that you have raised in you correspondence regarding this debt. Please therefore contact our office on the above telephone number, quoting ref num"

I`ve got no intentions of phoning them, is there a letter i can send them to nudge there memory about sending CCA. They have got about 14 days left then there in breach of the 30 days, or shall i just ignore them.

• 3 weeks later...

Well still no CCA and they are now in breach of the 30 days, they left a message for me to phone them last night which i`m not going to do. Shall i ignore them or send them a reminder letter saying that they are now committing an offence.

Updated the TS with there antics. I think that Ruthless have dropped a clanger, they got my request for CCA on the 06/12/07 but not responded. I got a letter from them at the weekend threatening bankruptcy and offerd a reduced settlement. As they have failed to prove the debt exsist is there a letter template saying this and as they have failed to prove this that the matter is now closed. There letter gave me to the 15/02/2008 to settle the account then they are going to start the proceedings. They have still not sent CCA

• 4 weeks later...

How do stop these people,Had them phone about 2 days ago asking why i have not been in touch, told them only deal in writing and still waiting for CCA to which they said they sent it (ok) told them not got it and i should of contact them. I told them it`s down to them to prove the debt exsist and cut them off. Yesterday i get a letter from them offering debt advice, and asking what i can afford to pay back. Surely by now they must of committed a few offenses. What is the best way to deal with them now. I`m really grateful for the help i`ve had so far.

If they are still calling you then write down the times and dates that they call....

Account In Dispute

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. A copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE**.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore

You are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before your client enters into a default situation.

If that request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days your client commits a summary criminal offence.

These limits have expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

And

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I am also concerned at the fact that you are making telephone calls to me when I specifically asked for all correspondence in writing - I am warning you AGAIN that I will not accept ANY phone calls, and that any made to me will be regarded as harrassment and treated as such. I am fully aware of The Protection From Harrassment and Administration of Justice Acts.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully