Contractual interest

gwyther
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been looking through the site for ages but cant seem to find what i want.

I need the contractual interest calculator for a Credit card

I have tried Vampires's spreadsheet for contractual interest on a cc but cant get it to work

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Sorry i know you must have all been asked this a thousand time

Thanks

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Just to warn you that there was a precedent set with regard to claiming contractual interest - so when filling out court papers - be aware for this as some of the arguments that were originally on here as to why you should claim are no longer valid.

Kiri260180

Hi

Yes, just change the APR rate and type in the dates, reason and amounts.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

How does one work out the contractual rate for capital one, how is it shown on the statement?

To be sure, i would call them and ask them what your APR is. .

WARNING TO ALL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi UK - would it be possible to use this spreadsheet for compound interest on a secured loan???

I agree with sallysas, it's an excellent straightforward spread sheet - I hope it's the right one that I can use too!!

Many thanks.

jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi Jaxads

I have another two you could use for that. Send me a PM with an email address so that i can send them. One works out credit card / loan and simple interest, the other works out credit card / loan and compounded interest.

WARNING TO ALL

Hi UK - would it be possible to use this spreadsheet for compound interest on a secured loan???

I agree with sallysas, it's an excellent straightforward spread sheet - I hope it's the right one that I can use too!!

Many thanks.

jaxads

You can use it for the interest on a secured loan if you are calculating the interest on charges. In fact, the interest on charegs on a secured (or any fixed amount) loan is the most straightforward as you don't have to take account of the fact that you are adding to the debt and making payments.

Great idiot-proof spreadsheet (and then there's me!!!)

Unless I copy this onto another page it will only print from 'charge reason'. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Hi sally

it is because the 'charge reason' column (column A) is too wide. Just make coluumn A narrower. I have made it narrower on the linked version for any future users.

In fact it turns out to be an oddity of Excel. If I open it on my PC it is fine. If I open the version on the Web (which is identical) column A is too wide. I will investigate.

Just to warn you that there was a precedent set with regard to claiming contractual interest - so when filling out court papers - be aware for this as some of the arguments that were originally on here as to why you should claim are no longer valid.

Kiri260180

Kiri

Do you information or links to the valid arguments please?

Thanks

Baslow