alwayspoor -vs- Nationwide

alwayspoor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Best of luck mate! x :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks all,

Well I have received a huge wad of duplicate statements in the post this morning with a nice cookie cutter letter stating that they believe tht their charges are lawful and transparent.

Tallied it all up in the Calculation Spreadsheet and WOW £1530 I can not believe they have had that much money off me. So now I am looking at the LBA in the templates section.

Prelim first though hun. ;)

It's a bit of a shock when you add the charges up isn't it? But at least you now know exactly what to do to recover the cash that they've taken from you unlawfully. And ok, your claim will more than likely be stayed at some point in the near future when you file at court - but at least you'll have the claim filed and ready for action once the OFT test case is over.

Best of luck - and keep us updated. x :)

• Haha 1

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Just a quick question it says to attach the schedule of charges, if I read right that is the calculation spreadsheet minus the days and interest column correct?

Spot on ;)

The worst part of this is that all these charges were taken from benefit money too and have left us in some dire straits should i add this to the hardship section of the letter?

Absolutely. Probably one of the most awful aspects about the current situation is that people who've genuinely experienced financial hardship due to penalty charges are having to prove their situations further - which, IMVHO, just adds to the whole stress of the situation. So yes, make sure you include as much evidence as possible about this in your letter. x :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 1 month later...
OK Today 14/12/07 I received a letter from the pre-legal team basically offering me the chance to clear my debt with them for a one off lump sum payment, and that if I do not accept this offer they will refer the account to debt collection for legal action.

Are they able to do this even though they have been notified the account is in dispute????

Just out of interest mate, how much (roughly) is your outstanding debt with them? :confused:

(if they do pass your debt to an external DCA by the way, just write to the DCA explaining that the account is in dispute - should be passed back to NW once you point this out).

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

alwayspoor, it sounds to me as though you're having an absolutely terrible time at the moment. You're going to need to tackle each issue based on their 'priority' level at the moment, and first and foremost is the housing issue. Have you started a thread for up to date advice and support in the housing forum yet? If not, please do so as a matter of urgency as you must sort out your housing issue first and foremost. The stress that of your housing issue is the last thing you need whilst you're on medication, so please make sure that you're getting the correct advice and support on this.

Secondly, with regards to the credit cards, don't panic. If the worst comes to the worst you can offer to make them token payments just to keep the wolf from the door for the time being. Have a look in the general debt/debt collectors forums - you'll find some letter templates in the stickies that are excellent for dealing/negotiating with the CC company if needs be. And if you start a thread in one of those forums you'll find that an awful lot of CAGGERS are in exactly the same situation and they'll be able to explain in full what you need to do to keep on top of the situation with the minimum of fuss.

With regards to your new current account, get yourself a cheapo notebook from your nearest pound shop and try to keep your own manual record of what goes in/out of the account. This way, you'll be able to keep your own records regardless of the lack of internet banking - and your own records will probably be more accurate than the internet banking system anyway! ;)

Lastly, don't worry about Nationwide and their demands from the pre-legal team. They owe you an awful lot more than you owe them, so if they do issue a claim against you, you'll be perfectly within your rights to issue a claim against them as well. And given that your claim would be much higher than theirs, it would be interesting to see how long it would take them to realise the error of their ways. ;) However, your account is in dispute anyway at this moment in time so we can help you to 'cross that bridge when you come to it' at a later date.

For the moment, try to concentrate on your housing situation and your own health. These are the two most important issues right now. The rest can be dealt with as and when situations arise, so please try not to worry too much at the moment. Christmas is around the corner and you have enough on your plate without worrying about threats from the Nationwide - you need some space to relax over the xmas period to recharge your batteries, so don't worry about them for the next couple of weeks.

Take care, and post back on this/other threads as and when you receive any letters/new news. xxx :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 1 month later...

They're totally out of order (as usual) passing your account over to a DCA............ the account is in dispute and they know better :mad:

OK, first things first! Carry on with your LBA and include an updated Schedule of Charges (make sure you include any new charges that you've incurred since you sent your prelim).

What you'll also need to do is send the 'Account in Dispute' letter to the DCA and Nationwide........... this should put the account firmly back with Nationwide and call off the dogs (click on this link): Account in Dispute Letter

Try not to worry too much about these letters, just concentrate on typing the LBA, the new Schedule of Charges and the 'Account in Dispute' letter. Once you've got these out of the way, you can take a deep breath and start to tackle the housing situation head on again. Make sure you keep your housing thread updated as well to ensure you get the correct advice on this.

I hope you're ok alwayspoor, you've had such a terrible time over the last few months and it sounds as though you could do with a breather from all of this hassle. If there's anything else at all that you need help with, just holler and we'll all do our best to support you.

Take care, Hedgey xxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***