Alliance Leicester Going to Court

Lou0512
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am due to appear at glasgow sheriff court on 7th November against the alliance and leicester. I am just looking for some advice as I have just returned from court today for a different claim (against abbey) where my claim was stayed. I tried to object and argue the stay but the sheriff wasn't really interested. Is the same thing likely to happen when I return to court this time? Just wondering if it's a lost cause? Things seem to be going in favour of the banks at the moment.

Is your court staying all claims. You could ask them if they are judging each case on its own, or staying all.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am looking for some advice. I had my first court date with alliance & leicester on 24th September. On that occasion the lawyer asked for some time so that he could take instruction from the alliance & leicester, so a further date was set for today (7th November). I attended court today and the lawyer once again asked for a continuation so that he could take instruction from alliance & leicester. I objected to this. The lawyer then requested that his client (alliance & leicester) be granted 14 days to submit their defence. Surely the alliance & leicester have time enough to arrange their defence? I am fed up with these constant delaying tactics. As it stands the alliance & leicester have 14 days to provide me with their defence with a view to a further hearing on 16th January 2008. Is their anything that I can do to speed things up? It seems that the bank is just messing about. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I am in court tomorrow with regards to the Alliance & leicester trying to get my claim struck out. I have accepted their initial offer as part payment and wrote to them advising this was the case and that I would be continuing to pursue the remaining amount through the court, but would be prepared to settle for a lesser amount. I then receive a letter from their solicitors saying they have been instructed by their client to offer me a slight lesser amount than I have agreed to setlle for. So I telephoned and accepted this amount and put it in writing to them. HAving not received it in within the given timeframe I phoned the solicitors who told they were busy and that the cheque would be with them within the next couple of days and sent straight out to me. I then received a letter saying I had already received a cheque for this amount. Which I wrote back and told them I hadnt.They then wrote saying i had already received a cheque from A&L and this was the full and final settlement. I wrote back telling them that having been offerd and accepted teh second amoutn I was still awaiting payment, I heard nothing so telephoned them to be told by solicitors that it would definately be paid. Just under a week later I received a letter stating that they were now only offering the difference between the 2 amounts already offered, (the first one being accepted as part payment), and that if I did not accept this they were goingt o apply to the court to strike out my claim as I had already accepted the initial cheque.

I then telephoned the court as I had not heard from them only to find the case had been put on hold as A&L had told them the case was settled. I explained what had happened and was asked to send copies of correspondence relating to the settlement to both the court and solicitors, which I did. I then received a notice of hearing of application from the court relating to the solicitors request that my claim be struck out.

I have had no further instruction from the court and am now putting together all info I think I will need for tomorrow...I know I can only use documents which have already been provided to A&L/ solicitors. I am just a little concerned that I have not been asked to provide any further info to the court than I have already sent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have no problem with going to court tomorrow as long as I feel prepared.

Thanks

Forgot to add they are also claiming costs from me of £395.! didnt think they could do this.