Default Removal - Mabore vs Egg Card

mabore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I’m getting the ball rolling to remove some defaults (May-06 to Aug-08 that have been satisfied with egg.

Is this the right starting point?

Egg Card Services

BH2

Basildon

SS14 9AA

Date: 22 Oct. 07

Dear Sir or Madam

Credit Card No: **** **** **** ****

After recently obtaining a copy of my credit file from Experian I was concerned to note that your company has placed a "Default" notice against an account in my name.

Further to this I have no recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number 1587 716732.

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

I would request that this data is provided to myself within the next 28 days, if you are unable to provide this data then I must insist that it is removed from my files as unsubstantiated.

Yours faithfully

Mr mabore

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Mate - Check my thread "Egg defaulting on Closed Account" - still on going - I am waiting to go to raising claim throuh small claims court when I can get the appropriate text for MoneyClaim

HSBC, FS £100

Hfax Credit Card Full Settlement £330

Lloyds FS £503 (had to do moneyclaim + allocation questionaires

Halifax Full Settlement £979

Lloyds Credit Card Moneyclaim raised.

03/05/06 Fraud case with Egg resolved after 2 1/2 months!, full refund of fraud amount+interest+charges (£1060). Apology and cheque for £300 - BBC Working Lunch helped scare them into action.

Hi Cmdenny & steven4064

This is the reply I got from egg

Dear Mabore

Your Credit Agreement Request

Further to your recent request, I have pleasure in enclosing a copy of your signed Credit Agreement in accordance with your rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Yours Sincerely

Data Protection Manager

Egg Banking plc

Encl.

They sent this back to me on 25th Oct 07 and didn't even mentioned the default :(

What would be the best course of action next because the 28 days have now passed?

Thanks guys

Thanks Mabore

What they have sent you is a properly executed agreement. So, next step?

You say they have put defaults on your credit file - why are these not correct? There is not enough detail in your first and subsequent posts to tell.

Hi Steven

After being declined for a business bank account I obtained a copy of my credit file to discover a default entry (Mar 06) entered. I never received a default notice from Egg Card at all. The account is paid in full and closed.

Thanks

Mabore

Hi Steven

It’s on the basis it isn’t legitimate. Doesn’t a default notice have to be served under (s87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act) before it is applied (I read that somewhere)?

There could be a case regarding unlawful charges but I don’t have any statements? All my payments were made by direct debit with a few manual payments.

This what my file is showing:

ImageShack - Hosting :: equifaxpq1.jpg

Thanks

Mabore

Sorry Mabore, the first one was OK, I looked at it quickly and didn't recognise it for what it was :o

I have spoken to one of my colleagues about this. He wonders whether you have misinterpreted what is meant by served. The term 'served' really means it has been posted to your address - not quite the same as you receieving it, I know.

We think that you only chance of getting the default removed is if Egg can not produce a copy of the default notice. Even then, it may not be possible to get it removed.

So should I just follow the steps on removing a default from w w w learnmoney. com etc. And if they can't produce the default (it's been over a month) or they try to fob me off with some bank talk could I take it to court.

Cheers

Mabore

Mabore

What they have already sent fulfills their obligation under the CCA 1974 - there is no requirment for them to send that under the CCA.

I think what you will have to do is send an SAR under s7 of the Data Protection Act 1984. Ask them for all information they hold about you but specifically ask for a copy of the default notice. If they have it, they must supply it under the DPA.

Hi Steven

Is this ok?

The Data Controller

Egg plc

Riverside Road

PridePark

Derby

DE99 3GG

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

Dear Sirs,

Please supply me with all of the personal data that you hold to which I am entitled under the Data Protection Act 1998. In particular, I require an original copy of any default notices, complete list of transactions and charges relating to my history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or manual notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of 10 pounds. You have 40 days in which to comply.

For the purpose of identification, please see the attached sheet for other names and addresses I have used in the last three years, along with my account details.

Thanks

Mabore

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steven

Egg have replied back to my request (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) with all my old statements but still no default notice. Looking through the statement they have charged me with 2 overlimit fees (20 each) . Could I use that as a starting point to get the default removed or demand it to be removed because they haven't supplied a true signed original default notice?

Thanks

Mabore

You should reclaim the 2 lots of charges anyway. However, on its own, it is probably not enough to get the default removed as I doubt you can argue that you would not have defaulted had it not been for the charges.

However, you are entitled to a copy of the default notice. i would write and point out that they have not fully complied with your DPA request. there is a letter in the templates library for DPA default.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steven

I received the following letter from egg this morning regarding the default. Basically they don't have it.

Free image hosting

Should I send letter 2 for non - comp after the 40 days have passed? If they can't send me a copy and I've never received one I'm not giving up on it.

Thanks

Mabore