have any stays been lifted yet????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a really encouraging read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/113839-my-stays-been-lifted.html

Best of luck for Monday - fingers crossed for you. x :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Chin up hun.......... you've come this far, so a little further is a walk in the park for you! ;)

Best of luck for tomorrow - let us know how it goes if poss. x :)

p.s., have you got your 'stay bundle' together - just in case?

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Everything crossed for you Hils

GoodLuck1.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Hi Hils, Really would love to know wot happened at Court today. I have applied to have stay lifted on my case v YB and got a notice of General Application to be heard at Leeds Court on Nov 7th. Is this the same as you've been to today? Did you need Stay Bundle as I haven't done one yet! Please post all the details. Any advise would be much appreciated! Thanks.

If you take my advice you will forget all about having your stay lifted and just wait the outcome of the test case. The judge was not at all pleased to have his judgement questioned, our cases today were heard by the QC who ordered a blanket stay. There was one woman on benefits and was represented by her daughter as she was not fit enough to speak. It was argued that even she could not qualify on grounds of hardship. I was told I was waiting for a windfall. Judgement has been deffered but I think his mind is made up as he has said that we may have to return to court if judgement goes against us and the banks want the cost of the case today. So you may not only get to pay the banks costs you may end up with a county court judgement as well. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

yes that is true, I think the best advice now is to wait until the outcome of the test case. I have had a letter today from the Alliance and Leicester saying that the OFT has asked banks not to procede with any cases and to await the outcome of the test case. The A & L have said they will stand by any descision that is made even though they are not involved with the test case. If this is what the banks are being told then to carry on is pointless.

Hi Hils, Sounds like you had a pretty hard time in court! Just out of interest, which Judge was it? and how many claimants were there? Did you personally stand up and explain your request for the removal of stay application? Not looking forward to attending!

Bad luck Hils,:(:(

I can understand how angry and frustrated you feel at the moment,:mad: but you should be feeling proud of yourself. :D You have done as much as you are able to at present, and should be viewing this as just another minor setback. Keep your chin up YOU WILL GET YOU MONEY BACK it will just take a little longer now. And remember some people ARE getting stays set aside, you just got the wrong judge.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

If it had just been a judge it would have been bad enough but the bloke was a flipping QC, nice enough though. Just extremeley clever. It was him that ordered the blanket stays in leeds so we were "playing with his baby" I did stand up and argue my case and although I was nervous he was very complimentary about the what I said and the way I was prepared with the bundle and everything. He also said that he recognised that I had made a great effort to stabalise my financial position. At the end of the day what he was saying is perfectly true, that even if the stay is lifted then the bank will just appeal, more expense, and just play it out until after the test case anyway. There were about 6 of us and we were asked if we minded going in together, we thought it was a good idea as we could support one another.

• Haha 1

sorry havnt been on for a while life can get mental at times but im gutted for you am preparing for my telephone conference for mine to be lifted on 13th nov should be a laff (not) am not expecting to much but will do my best sorry again lass

hello Barnett, sorry not replied before but pc playing up, using my husbands clonky wind up model at the moment. If I were you I would not bother going to court to try and have stay lifted, By the time the bank has appealed against the lifting of the stay ( if you win) the test case will be under way. If you are determined to carry on, there is a small court bundle to prepare, if you are asking for the stay to be lifted on hardship grounds then dont forget to include a list of your outgoings and income. Good luck Hils