GE Money SAR request

76Bramble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for advice, Sent SAR for 3 accounts with GE money. I received 2 letters with 15 charges listed in total. I know there are loads missing as I have a few old statements that I've recently found. Where do I go from here:confused:

Has anyone else recently received a letter rather than statements from GE recently? Any advice greatly appreciated.:) Kelly

Hi Kellly - I've a thread with GE Money for old storecards - I found them really easy to deal with and for the months they couldnt' provide statements I put charges on anyway. Have a full read of my thread for further details. Not sure how to do a link (I've been on the site ages now and still haven't got the hang of it!!!). So you'll have to click on my "jaxads" name and search from there.

Steven will hopefully be around with some good GE advice soon!!

Best wishes.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Has anyone else recently received a letter rather than statements from GE recently?

Kelly

I'm afraid the answer to your question is 'almost everybody', at least almost everyone has the experience that GE Money can't find some or even all of their statements - I'm afraid they are a complete shambles.

Once you claim, however, they are one of the easiest. If you end up estimating charges they can be a bit difficult and they don't like paying interest at 30%. However, in the end they pay up. Have a look at my GE Money thread linked from my signature.

And here is the link to jaxads' thread

Not sure how to do a link (I've been on the site ages now and still haven't got the hang of it!!!).
Have a look at the 'CAG site for Dummies' link - it is all explained there :)

Thank you both for the replies:) I had a quick look earlier, after receiving the letter from GE today and I've noticed they are terrible with SAR request. I was so annoyed when I saw it.

Have they ran out of paper or what???:rolleyes: Will have to read your threads fully. Many thanks:) Kelly

• 1 month later...

Just wondering how you're getting on with GE Money?

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jaxads, I'm still no further forward with GE money, I have found a few old statements, one has 3 charges of £18 on just 1 statement:o I have been busy doing my N1 for Argos store card so it has kept me very busy. It's my first claim and i'm soooo nervous. Once I get it filed at court I will concentrate on GE money. 76Bramble:)

• 2 months later...

Any update bramble??

jaxads