In court Day after tomorrow! HELP!

kf101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in court on wed 2pm and am really struggling! What will be required of me? Will i have to give an opening argument? What should I say? I'm so terrified!

I am by no means a public speaker and know that I will get tongue tied and lose it! Didn't really think that it would get to this stage!

HELP! HELP! PLEASE!

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Thanks!

Still mind numbing. Hoping that it will stay in my mind. I presume I just need to outline that I believe the charges to be un-lawful and that I am seeking a refund. Do I need to state cases and refer to the technical jargon cause this is really going to throw me off kilter!

It's good to know someone else who's going to be there tomorrow!

As it stands, I had a letter from SC&M last week saying they had requested a stay, and a copy of a letter from them to the Court asking for a stay.

By the time I left this morning, I had not received anything from the Court.

When I got the letter from SC&M I called West London CC, and they advised me to send a fax saying that I still wanted to go ahead with the hearing, which I did.

I've submitted my bundle to Lloyds and the Court, but not received a bundle from SC&M.

I was going to call the Court, either this afternoon or tomorrow morning to see what's going on.

Let me know if you hear anything...

It is likely SCM will request a stay on the day. Be prepared to argue why a stay should not be granted. Have a look around this forum:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cases-stayed-pending-oft/

If the matter proceeds to a full hearing have a look here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/641-case-guidance-notes-going.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/637-case-guidance-notes-bringing.html

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Thanks for your advise, but could I ask a little more of you?

In the posts that I have read it states that to begin with in court you should "tell your story" but I just can't think of where to start! I will be ok if I could just think of the first couple of sentences but my brain is getting fried!

Please could you start me off?

If your case get heard on the charges your story involves saying for example:

Over the past x years you have incurred penalty for going over your over draft limit etc and that as a consequence you have incurred charges that total x.

Then go on to say that you consider the charges are unlawful for reasons detailed in the third link in post 7 above.

Then add anything that is relevant as stated in the second link in post 7 above.

Try not to panic. Very few cases get heard on the charges issue.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.