Victory! Coop Repay Every Penny

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started my claim on the 17th May asking for £2658 of charges( taken over the last six years ) to be repaid, I got the standard "we are looking into your case" letters and one nasty letter telling me that I had misused my account with a demand that I send back all of my cheques and cards or they were going to take action against me! I delt with the latter by taking advise from this excellent forum and offering to pay back my overdraft of £1700 at £10.00 per week. I was supposed to file my claim with MONEYCLAIM last Monday but I could not work out the 8% interest so put it off then when I got home last night I had a letter from them saying " as a gesture of goodwill they have refunded all of my charges" Although they still say the charges were "valid and in line with the terms of my account" ( they can say what they like!!! )

So this morning I have a champagne hangover and I can't stop grinning!

Thanks to everyone on this forum, I will of course be making a donation.

C.C.

Well done. of course, we will appreciate the donation and it will be very useful. However, I can't find your litigation details. Can we have them please or can you link me to them if they are already up.

Also please will you complete our survey.

Thanks

thats good news well done......did they close any of your accounts?

SMILE refunded my charges but then closed my account.

Co-Operative bank default removal - succesfull december 2007.

Capital One Bank default removal - succesfull february 2008.

Co-Operative bank Visa default removal- Claim filed March 2008

Smile default removal - ongoing

Well done I wrote to co-op bank on 8th June asking for a refund of almost £1000 in charges since last September. I have rec'd a letter today telling me they are investigating and will respond in 6 weeks - I feel like this is a delaying tactic and dont know whether to write back and tell them I am not willing to wait that long what does anyone think

Thanks

Hi Fox, I got the same letter from them which they then followed up with a call to say the same thing, I told them very politely I thought that was a delaying tactic and they could take that long if they wished but I was still going to be filing my claim with the court when the fourteen days were up.( as it happened I did not get around to filing the claim, and they paid up after seventeen days from my letter befor action ).

C.C.

CONGRATULATIONS

Thank you for letting us know

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.