Harlands and CRS problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody.

I was given free gym membership while employed by my previous employer.

The company has since closed and I started to get texts/calls from Harlands chasing me for payment for remaining months of membership, plus fees for tracking me down!

I signed nothing personally, have no agreement with Lifestyle Fitness or Harlands personally so ignored them.

Calls/texts have been a persistent nuisance and the letters - I'm sure you have heard all about already - were also unnecessarily threatening.

Anyway, after a while 'Harlands' started sending letters in in name or the 'CRS'... Still Harlands though so this was also ignored.

It was then passed to 'Zinc', who have also been barraging me with calls and texts.

And now... the calls and texts begin from 'Spratt Endicott'!!! A letter has just come through stating that I must pay up the outstanding balance within 7 days or face legal action.

Any advice how to respond to these jokers? Surely they wont push legal action when they have no agreement to hand?

Send the clowns this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-**Update-21st-April-2014**

You 'could' if you wanted send Spratt Endicott in the same envelope a few lines stating that the membership was a package offered by your employer, whom you're no longer working for, and you will welcome any such legal action they have threatened, and will submit a counter claim for their harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi there and welcome to CAG

Your post is now in your own thread that you can use form now on.

Are you certain you did not use an on-line sign up system, or tick a box, or do anything else that may obligate you.

If you are certain the facilities were paid for by the employer via an arrangement made between them and the gym, you should write to Harlands :-

Dear sir or madam,

Lifesyle Fitness Gym, [town/city]

I am being harassed by Harlands/CRS, Zinc and now Spratt Endicott about gym fees and your increasing admin fees.

My gym membership was supplied by my then employer who has since closed down.

I personally have never signed a gym agreement, ticked any online system or done anything that obliges me to pay you anything.

If you contact me further or cause any other party to do so, formal complaints will be made without further warning.

Also send a letter to Spratt Endicott :-

Dear sir or madam,

I enclose a copy of a letter sent today to Harlands.

I am surprised that you are willing to send out demands for payment without checking that your client has the right to demand payment in the first place. In view of the reputation that Harlands has for piling on admin fees and harassing gym members for payment, do you not firstly check that Harlands are acting properly and with entitlement.

Failure to do this could be construed as professional negligence on your part and, as such, should be reported to the SRA.

I trust I will not hear from you further.

Yours faithfully,

No need to pay extra for tracked postage - get free Certificates of Posting from the PO when you send the 2 letters.

Keep us posted.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)