missed the opportunity to apply for summary judgement?***Settlement Agreed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update - I need a small bit of advice regarding the process for completing a form of discontinuance. I'm not allowed to discuss terms, but I have a positive outcome. :)

I need to file a notice of discontinuance (3 notices / 3 claims / 1 defendant), but would it also be wise to put in writing that I do not expect an application by the defendant for any costs whatsoever? I understand that they are rarely paid anyway, but is it a wise move? There isn't any suggestion that they'll apply for costs, it's just an exercise in covering eventualities...

If there has been no mention of costs in their previous communication/offers, then I don't think they will be permitted to submit them at a later date.

However, I will leave a message for andyorch/steampowered to confirm this.

It might not be until later on today that you receive a response.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No costs permitted (wasted costs) assuming all 3 claims are SCT (Small Claims Track.) Download the n279 here;-

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n279-eng.pdf

Send 3 copies to the court and 3 to the defendant.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for all your help. Got a second offer which was significantly more than expected, so I have asked for a little more (this is my first "I will settle for this" figure) and am waiting to hear. I would be very surprised if they don't go for it as they appear fairly desperate to settle.

Donation made :)

Well, after a couple of days, they went for my offer to settle without any quibble. Although their solicitor stated that they were prepared to defend the cases, that's probably just hyperbole, and it's likely that he told them that they didn't have a leg to stand on.

I submitted the first claim in May this year (there are currently 3), but the entire story has been going on since the middle of last year. I've spent a considerable amount of time educating myself about the SoGA etc. But I'm glad it's over!

Back to playing with the kids in the evening instead of writing letters and reading legal stuff! :)

Well done Mr Numb....

Thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread