Complaint against a GP who has written a report about something he does not know

id330uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Complaintagainst a GP who has written a report about something he does not know

Mylandlord had a case in court because he wanted to evict me from a room that Irented in an extension of his house. My landlord’s GP has written a reportwhere he says that

my presence in my room and the court case hasexacerbated my landlord’s wife stress and anxiety. However this GP has noevidence at all that this true because this GP does not the background of thecase. There are other factors which could have contributed to her bad healthfor example the fact that her husband have huge debt or that she does not geton with him. Her and her children have lived separately for something from my landlord.

The GP says also that the mood of my landlord’s wifehas improved because now she occupied my room. However this GP has never visitedthe premises and I thing that my landlord’s wife is better in a room in a properhouse and in an extension especially in winter.

I would like to know if I have grounds for complaintagainst this GP because he should have given his opinion only concerning thehealth of my landlord’s wife and not about matters that he know nothing about.I think that it is very unfair from this GP to accuse me of being responsible ofthe bad health of this woman without any evidence. I think that he has written thisreport to please my landlord who should have put pressure on him to get thisreport

I presume the Landlord and yourself do not have a formal contract regarding the renting of the room, otherwise he would just be able to give you notice to quit without giving any reason. Legal proceedings are normally a last resort for landlords.

How did you find out about the GP's report? Patient confidentiality and the data protection act should prevent it being made public. You could possibly challenge the eviction during the court case, but, to be honest, I think you are on a hiding to nothing. Under the circumstances and considering the inevitable declining relationship between you and your landlord that must result from the legal proceedings, wouldn't it be best just to find alternative accommodation?

You could try reporting the GP to the GMC, but I doubt they would take you seriously on hear-say.

A I assume you are not a Dr how can you say that the Dr was wrong when he said your presence made the ll wife worse, it may have done, also the wife may be better in your room, you have no grounds for reporting the GP, and TBH why live where you are obviously not wanted?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I have a compensation court order against my landlord forharassment and unlawfully eviction. My landlord has made an appeal and he isusing as evidence against me this report about his wife’s health. It is why Ihave a copy of this report.

It is up to the doctor to substantiate his accusationsagainst me. In his report it is stated that my landlord’s wife suffers fromhypertension and anxiety. This doctor can speak about what he knows i.e. thehealth of my landlord’s wife but not about something he does not know about. Itseems to me that this doctor wanted to please my landlord it is why he haswritten this report. I think that there should be an ethic about doctorprevented them from doing such things.

This doctor does nothave any evidence that I was responsible by the bad health of my landlord’swife so he should have not accused me. As I said in my previous message thereare others factors which could have been responsible for the bad health of my landlord’swife. My landlord’s wife and me we weregetting on very well and she wanted me in the room because I was paying herhusband’s debts and mortgage.

I do not know if the better solution is to complain to themanager of this doctor’s practice or to the GMC. What is important for me is toget a report corrected that I can use in court to oppose my landlord’sapplication for permission to appeal against my compensation order.

The Dr has given his opinion as to factors affecting the LL wife, you can challenge the evidence in court. i really dont see what you can complain about to the GMC though or the practise manager he has done nothing wrong only given his medical opinion, and your presence could have increased the landlords wifes problems I dont think it says you were the only cause only a contributing factor. IMO the Dr has done nothing wrong, he was asked for an opinion and gave it. he wouldnt have had to visit the room to form his opinion.

It would be correct for the GP to enquire of any situations that the patient can identify as being exacerbating factors for their ill health. If the patient, or their family, say that being out of work, having poor housing, being socially isolated were factors then that would be put in the doctor's subsequent report.

Therefore, if the patient says that having a lodger in the family home is a factor then why shouldn't it be taken at face value by the doctor in the same way?

Just something to consider......

Feebee_71

The doctor does not say in his report that I am a contributory factor of the bad health of his patient because he says that I am responsible for the bad health of his patient. He is very affirmative and categorical

I think that the doctor could have stated in his report that the eviction process has maybe increased the anxiety and the stress of his patient. However he should not have stated in his report that the eviction process has caused anxiety and stress to his patient without knowing the background of the case. I think that the doctor should not have been so affirmative and categorical without evidence. He should have been mor econditional.

The doctor could have also stated in his report that he was told by his patient that the eviction process has caused her anxiety and stress instead of stating that the eviction process has really caused her anxiety because he could not be sure about that. The doctors should not have the right to put in their medical reports that something has happened if they are not entirely sure that this has really happened.

How do you know he is not sure, he has been told somthing he believes it, why shouldnt he. he has made a judgement and formed an opinion, you may disagree with it, of any number of people you will get some saying 1 thing and others saying another about the same situation. Its no different from an expert witness in a criminal trial, the one for the prosecution says he believes 1 thing and the defence witness says he believes.

Does the drs report say exacerbated ? if it does it is not saying that your presence is the only cause only that is one of the factors and is making her worse.