OPC Private Parking Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought if I entered a counterclaim that they would not be able to just let the matter die or discontinue without having to pay me something.

Edited by GuidoT

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received a cheque from OPC for £255.00, for my counterclaim and some costs.

Where appropriate we should all try this, they may not be so eager to commence.

I obtained default judgement on my counterclaim, kind of did what they usually try and do.

After seeing all the other threads and that they were appearing in court, this was all a bit of a damp squib.

Half thinking of making a claim for costs pursuant to CPR 27.14(2)(g).

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I need help appealing against OPC judgement. Dont want to post too many details as they mentioned this board in court. Anyway, judge didnt accept contract regs and unfair terms act and i lost. Im trying to decide whether to appeal but its going to be expensive i think.

Hi All,

I need help appealing against OPC judgement. Dont want to post too many details as they mentioned this board in court. Anyway, judge didnt accept contract regs and unfair terms act and i lost. Im trying to decide whether to appeal but its going to be expensive i think.

Send a pm to: AL27 directing him to this post he's the resident expert on OPC.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 3 weeks later...

Write to them if you want asking them exactly what law or traffic regulation has been violated and why are they not bringing criminal prosecution. Tell them if they are depending on the law of contract you did not enter into contract nor were you aware of entering into any contract. In the ticket they must state what law by-law has been violated, stating exact time and circumstance of offence and give you chance for appeal and redress. If you have broken the law then you need to formally charged by the lawful authority and you have the right of appeal and to defend yourself.

But as GuidoT says get a solicitor to look at the letter if poss or talk to CAB.

• 2 weeks later...
This is good - OPC lost in court essentially on the basis that their charge is a penalty.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=41438884&postcount=1

Yes brilliant I think the point that if Thurlow paid up in 14 days he would have to cough up £50 as opposed to £100 also demonstrated that this could not be shown as any kind of loss but a threat to deter trespass...this also sets the precedence that any one who parks in one of these car parks must be regarded as a trespasser so they should not be there in the first place rather defeats the object of the moronic superstores like Homebase etc. to use these crooks to provide parking...I do hope the new legislation will force them to have proper barriers with time controlled systems and properly explained free parking time...

rather defeats the object of the moronic superstores like Homebase etc. to use these crooks to provide parking...I do hope the new legislation will force them to have proper barriers with time controlled systems and properly explained free parking time...

Eventually the superstores might realise that the more complicated the parking arrangements and the more agressive the PPC, the more inclined their customers will be to go spend their money elsewhere. None has a unique product range!

Interesting comment regarding how the firm may well have gone into administration if they had tried to defend the case.

With a court win overturned on appeal in front of a circuit judge two weeks ago based on their charges being perceived as punitive, the firm found guilty on over 50 counts of fraudulent activity including misleading signeage, I wonder about their decision to take the Ingress Park case to a multi-track route in County Court with a barrister at the helm. What chance they now have of winning that case now, leaving themselves wide open to costs being claimed.

Maybe the end is neigh for OPC.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

• 4 weeks later...

No bird time.

Harris was fined £3,100 and ordered to pay £2,585 costs. His firm OPC was hit with a £26,750 fine and £5,000 costs.

I think OPC will be entering into some form of insolvency arrangement.

It would not of course impact on the sum relating to Mr Harris, but in terms of the sum OPC were fined payment can be avoided by the firm entering into some form of insolvency arrangement.

• 1 month later...