returning a car to finance company

buffyoo7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had nothing but trouble with welcome finance since i got the car i have now got a a statement from them the first ive had in 31/2 years anyway with interest i owed them 9495 have paid back 5345 can i return the car to them it is in good condition and has only done about 1000 miles more than when i got it if i can return the car how do i go about it thanks buffy x

they have also charged me 700 in fees not to worried about that just want to get them off my back

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

hi got a car on hp from welcome finance total was 9595 thats with the interest have paid over 50% back and now want to return the car back to them what is the best way to go about this should a phone or write to them or can i just take the car back thanks for looking buffy x

Buffy x

If you have paid 50% of the agreement, you are entitled to return the vehicle so long as you have put the request in writing. This is called Voluntary Termination, and it is part of the Consumer Credit Act.

Make sure you take photos of the car before you leave it with the Finance Company. Close ups of the body panels especially.

If you need some more advice on HP, and this Voluntary Termination, here is a link:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 16 How To Deal With Hire Purchase Debt

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Threads Merged. . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

...But into the WRONG Forum UK...:rolleyes::p

Perhaps buffyoo7's Thread should be in the General Debt Forum NOT still in the Mortgage Companies Forum eh??...:eek:

...:)

I thought it was the Debt Forum .. . .:confused:

Must be doing something wrong with the Mod controls.

Thanks for moving it Tom . .

WARNING TO ALL

...If you return your car to the finance company........does this mean the credit agreement will cease?

All depends on how much has already been paid on the HP.

(...soz have to go...apparently I have to have half a bath now...:rolleyes: ..too long a story!...:grin: )

Best of luck over the w/e buffyoo7!

had nothing but trouble with welcome finance since i got the car i have now got a a statement from them the first ive had in 31/2 years anyway with interest i owed them 9495 have paid back 5345 can i return the car to them it is in good condition and has only done about 1000 miles more than when i got it if i can return the car how do i go about it thanks buffy x

they have also charged me 700 in fees not to worried about that just want to get them off my back

Do U have a Copy of your Original HP Agreement buffyoo7??

If U have, would it be possible for U to scan + Post it online for peeps to see??

...Remembering to NOT disclose your 'personal' details that may identify yourself of course!...:wink:

just sent a cca they recived it on the 26th so if i am right they have got 12 days from then to send me a copy

also sent a vt which they got on the 25th

i have already got all the satements from them i phoned a couple of weeks ago and they arrived after 6 or more phone calls to them to get them i told them that i had never had any satements from them since i got the car in 04 so i know i have paid well over half

on friday i got a phone call asking for a payment i told them i had sent a VT and he said i should of sent it to him at my local branch he said he would sort it out and i will get a phone call telling me when and how i could return the car he also said that i will owe money i asked him what for and he said insurances i asked what insurance and he said oh yeh you didnt have any but you still might owe us money i told him i wouldnt coz i had paid over half back and he then said it should be ok then

so as soon as i get my cca i will put it on here or if i get a call from them i will let you know thanks Buffy

Buffy x

• 5 months later...

what do i do now

we vt the car

we vt the car they came and took the car back in april we have just got court papers from welcomes solicitor for £3115.79 they have defaulted us for failing to make payments but they ended the agreement so can they default me on an agreement that has ended ?

also i am going to defend this should i just defend it for now or put in a counter claim

any advice would be great thanks buffy x

Buffy x

Can you put a copy of the agreement up? (blanking out personal details).

On a standard CCA agreement you should have a box advising you of your rights to terminate the agreement.On mine it reads:

TERMINATION: YOUR RIGHTS

You have a right to end this agreement.To do so, you should write to the person you make payments to.They will then be entitled to the return of the goods and to half the total amount payable under this agreement, that is £ ?????.

If you have already paid at least this amount plus any overdue installments and have taken reasonable care of the goods, you will not have to pay any more.

I presume this is a standard CCA clause on all agreements?

hi thanks for looking at this thread

yes i did send them the vt and the acepted it sent someone from rac who checked it over then someone came from a car auction place and took the car

just trying to sort out my scanner but just read the agreement and it does say the same

the problem is my husband had a bad accident at work and was off for nearly 2 years our solicitor phoned welcome for us and they said we could reduce the payments to £50 a month which we did they never mentioned arreas untill this court paper came we had paid more than what is stated on hire purchase under termination also we have a feeling that welcome still think we have the car and what happens to the money from the auction

will scan the hp in a bit

thanks again Buffy

Buffy x

Buffy x