MBNA(Howard Cohens) vs Davetherave - WON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being taken to court by Howard Cohens, Have read much about them on here and looks as though other people are experiencing the same as me.

History as follows:

Received a claim form back in Jul 2009

Had already CCA'd MBNA Before this date and recieved CCA but it is barely legible, will post up now.

Submitted embarrassed defence, then allocation questionaire.

Submitted standard disclosure(just the cca i received)

Received Standard disclosure from Cohens(not a complete list of statements on the account, in fact the last statement they provided does not even match the amount they are claiming, nor do they cover the entire length of the agreement)

requested docs form Cohens

Received updated disclosure from Cohens:

1.Copy of Agreement,

2.Copy statements,

3.Copy Notice of assignment

4.Copy Default notice,

5.Copy of most recent t's&c's,)

Cohen's have sent me nothing and No deed of assignment disclosed or sent.

That's where I am at the mo, the exchange of witness statements is next month,

What do I need to post up to get some help,

I have submitted two defences already, but feel I may need to submit another defence based on further docs found and further info read on here,

can anyone help?

I'll have posted a copy of my aggreement on here, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've have read very encouraging things on this site which is why I have decided to post.

Agreement.pdf

Edited by Davetherave12
typo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

welcome to CAG.

Please can you post up the Particulars of Claim found on the blue paper Form N1. Be vague with the amounts.

Has the claim been allocated Small Claims or Fast Track ?

Have you sent a Subject Access Request letter to MBNA ? If not, get it off ASAP and include a specific request for the "Comms Log" or the "Customer Information System log".

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

This cost £10.00 and send by recorded delivery.

When they respond you'll be able to compare all the documents.

have a read of this thread to see why - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/160395-restons-court-action.html

IMHO, the agreement is a typical bodge from MBNA. If you look at the date codes at the bottom RHS, they are different - one is 02-01 and the other is 03-04.

Tres odd for a duplex printed agreement.

Finally, do a search for threads featuring Cohens so you get a heads -up of how they operate.

POC as follows:

The Claimant's claim is for the sum of £10,xxx being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated credit agreement between the defendant and MBNA under reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and assigned to the Claimant on xx/xx/xxxx notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The Defendant failed to make payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served upon the defendant persuant to section 87(1) of the consumer credit act 1974

The Claimant Claims the sum of £10,xxx

It's a fast track claim if that helps,

thanks

Dave

I have the original NOA, not 100% sure I received a DN though!!

No deed of assignment produced though, is that a factor.

I need to have a really good look at the docs they have sent me, it looks like they have "shuffled" the docs so to speak as most of the statements are not in date order.

Edited by Davetherave12

Yes it does say that, it's only a copy though and not a very good one, the text on the 2nd page over-writes the address in the top right!!

The bit about S81(7) looks as though it has been copied over the top.

The date I have to remedy the DN funnily enough is after the date the assignment took place, very strange indeed!!

I've searched everywhere and not found an original ever sent to me!!

Is this why I need to submit an SAR??

Edited by Davetherave12

Also where it states " paragraph 8 states you must pay the arrears on the account" The amount stated on the default notice is not the amount of the arrears according to the last statement I have (original statement in my possession.

Thanks for putting that post up SupaSnooper, I had a look at your Thread, I notice you have a copy of an "Original" MBNA default notice, and I notice all the text re section 87(1) is in the box but on mine it's not mmmmmmmmm.

Edited by Davetherave12

Default notice Below, as you can see, looks a tad dodgy!!!

Oh dear !

What are MBNA up to ?

What a shocker of a copy of a DN.

I don's suppose you have kept the envelope the DN was sent in ?

Get that SAR off ASAP and see what comes back.

As you will have read, MBNA can be rather creative with their documentation. ;-)

Forgot to mention that the Court have ordered Cohen's to disclose the Deed of Assignment from the OC. I have the original one though from Cohen's.

Is there anything else I need to post up that will help,

thanks

Dave

Edited by Davetherave12

Just having a look back at the docs I have submitted.

This was submitted as part of the AQ (Section I)

Section I

1 The Claimant shall not later than 4:00pm on 19th October file and serve a verified true copy of each of the following documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim

(a) the executed regulated consumer credit agreement made between the defendant and MBNA Europe Bank Ltd under reference xxxxxxxxxxx together with any terms and conditions that applied to it, the original must be brought to hearing under cpr directions 16 paragraph 7.3.

(b) the default notice together with proof of service the original must be brought to hearing under cpr directions 16 paragraph 7.3.

© a full and complete statement of account including all payments made and charges applied covering the period beginning with the day of the making of the agreement and ending on the date of the commencement of this case.

(d) any other documents on which the claimant will rely

2 In the event that the Claimant shall fail to comply with paragraph 1 of this order the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty without further order to apply to this court for judgment and for costs on the standard basis to be subject to detailed assessment proceedings if not agreed.

3 In the event of compliance with paragraph 1 of this order this case shall be allocated to the fast track and

4 The Defendant shall file and serve an Amended Defence by 4:00pm on 16th November.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated,

thanks