N.P V Cetelem/Lowell Financial Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again people.

Well, got home from work today following 5 weeks on the sick to find a letter for Lowells for a different account. I must admit though, it is one of the nicer letters I`ve received from this industry.

This time it`s for Cetelem. A list history, I think. Got something on a one years interest free option for around £550. At the end of the year I rang them up and asked to pay it off with my card, only Cetelem said they don`t take cards and would only accept a cheque. Following that the account went onto the 3 year deal with approximately £600 interest.

Anyway, had about 6 months left on it when I changed my bank account and emailed Cetelem with my new details. They said they couldn`t accept it due to some Data Protection crap. I thought DP was to protect me not them?

I left it at that and I received the following letter this morning.

Lowell1.jpg

Anyway, I`m thinking of sending them the prove it letter for starters to see what these fools come back with. What do you think?

As usual I look forward to hearing from you all.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI 42man,

I`m not sure if there are any charges on this account.

I did miss a payment and they added loads of odd charges on, adding upto over £220 in charges, just for a missed £30 monthly payment.

I ognored them them for a while and one day I logged on to the online account and noticed the charges where gone. I`m not sure if there still are any on though.

What are these Lowell lot like?

Thanks for the post.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Right, bumping this up.

Anyone?

Send these muppets a CCA request like this one

Dear Pondlife

I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company.

I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number xxxxx.

2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

HI adamski,

Thanks for the post.

I like the `Dear Pondlife`, LOL. I usually use `Dear Morons`.

I was thinking of sending them a prove it letter first, just to see what they come back with before I waste £1 on a CCA request.

I`ll wait a couple of days to see if anyone else posts any comments.

Thanks again.

Regards

N.P

It wont be long before the Leeds Losers pass you on to their scary desk aka Red Debt and if you are really lucky Hampton iLegal. Send them the Prove It or Feck Off Letter.

Hi boys and girls,

Just a little UPDATE.

Today I received another letter from Lowell Financial pretending to be a DCA acting on behalf of errrrr, Lowell Portfolio.

It seems to be the standard rubbish and reads -

Dear N.P

Reference No:

Original Creditor: Cetelem UK.

Balance Outstanding: £280.64

We have been instructed by our client Lowell Portfolio I Ltd (the guy at the desk behind) to write to you in connection with your outstanding balance as described above. Our objective is to (sting you and harrass you as much as possible) help both you and our client find a solution to this problem (thats nice of them). We urgently request that you contact us before our client instructs to take further action to recover the balance.

You can prevent futher action happening by taking the following steps:

1. By sending us payment in full.

2. By contacting us to agree a method of payment over an agreed term.

3. Going down there with an Uzi before they do anything.

On contacting us you will also be given the opportunity to (tell them to p**s off) discuss how we can work together (I work alone) to find a solution to clear your outstanding balance. However, until you contact us we will be unable to offer you our assistance in putting an end to this this matter without the possible need for legal enforcement. Ignoring this problem (there is no problem) will only make your situation worse, therefore we strongly recommend you contact us now on :

0844 844 4716

Payment can be taken over the telephone by debit or credit card.

Yours sincereley

Squiggle

Andrew Bartle.

Chief Operations Officer. (An ex SAS or Marine perhaps, or just a duck egg trying to sound hard?)

Seem`s to me this is just another of their standard free pieces of toilet paper. I think it`s probably time to send the prove it letter, as I haven`t been bothered to do much this week.

Anyway, I welcome any comments / suggestions as usual.

Regards

N.P

Edited by N.P
Dodgy spelling

I do love it when they say they are working on behalf of there client!!

what a buch of wasters!

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

Hi excel1 and ODC,

Thanks for the posts?

Have you guys had many dealings with these boring bar stewards?

N.P

Yes whilst i bow to ODC as the knowledge regards this shower, i do know them very well and have beaten them twice for myself, and once for a friend, i agreed to help him as soon as i saw the letters were from Lowell:D

Hi ODC and excel1,

Thanks for the posts.

i agreed to help him as soon as i saw the letters were from Lowell:D

excel1, I take it your not friends with this bunch of knob jockeys then? :cool:

Hi people,

Right, I`m thinking about sending these idiots this as a laugh, what do you think?

Dear Morons,

Further to your recent letter and reference to the above account which you claim has been sold to you by Cetelem UK.

PROVE IT! SHOW THE RECEIPT!

Yours sincerely

N.P

Any comments? :D

Edited by N.P
Dodgy spelling, I`m stupid you see

Hi people,

Right, I`m thinking about sending these idiots this as a laugh, what do you think?

Dear Morons,

Further to your recent letter and reference to the above account which you claim has been sold to you by Cetelem UK.

PROVE IT! SHOME THE RECEIPT!

Yours sincerely

N.P

Any comments? :D

Keep it short and to the point

Dear Morons

Re your letter

Prove it

yours etc

I would say i must be second in line on the hate list after ODC:D

I would say i must be second in line on the hate list after ODC:D

I wouldn`t say I hate anyone, it`s just that these fools have said I owe them money and it`s the way they ask for it. I mean, I don`t even know them.

Their first letter was quite friendly I suppose, for a DCA. But, they must still be numb in the head if they just say `we have bought this debt so you now use us money`. They haven`t exactly included any documentation of any sort to prove it. Now, that is numb!

N.P

• 2 weeks later...

HI NP, I am in the same situation as you with these lowlife's. Send them the prove it or feck letter like ODC (the Master of lowells destruction) suggested. I will send curlyben's superb (prove it)letter.

Evening people,

We have another UPDATE from these ding dongs.

Today I received this pile of cack, together with a load of bum wipes from Lloyds TSB, see my other thread for details.

It goes like this -

Lowell3.jpg

They are starting to irritate me now, so I thought I`d send off a prove it letter, instead of wasting £1 for a CCA request.

I was thinking of sending something like this -

Dear empty heads,

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

What the hell are you dribbling on about? I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to, or have even heard of Lowell Portfolio.

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the Office of Fair Trading say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question, for example, the last bill you have at our address, or your receipt of purchase. This would be very interesting to see.

Further to the above, and your threat to arrange for a moron to visit, do you honestly think I`m going to entertain your so-called agent? I don`t think so! Make sure that any contact by yourselves is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment and dealt with accordingly - Administration Of Justice Act 1970, Protection From Harassment Act 1997, Communications Act 2003. If you choose to harass me by telephone I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office Of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine, far more than this alleged debt.

May I remind you, there is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd (1959) 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, Police attendance.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the Trading Standards department and consider informing the Office of Fair Trading of your phishing actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Me.

What you do you all think?

Let me know.

Regards

N.P

Edited by N.P

Hi ODC,

Don`t you ever sleep?

I know I`m being nice, that`s why I want more idea`s to send to these ball bags ;)