Faulty Samsung tv AO.com

Salford lass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a Samsung 65inch 4K tv that is just 4 years old with 4 purple patches on the screen.

a quick google search tells me it’s a very common fault with Samsung.

I bought it from AO.com and I’ve downloaded a template letter which I’ve sent to them as it is less than 6 years old

their reply was for me to get an independent engineers report and if it’s an inherent fault they will either contribute to the fix or a depreciated refund

heres the problem...

due to COVID me and hubby are shielding so can’t have engineers/repair men in,

do I have a limited time to get the report (lockdown is lasting till at least March)

thanks

• BankFodder changed the title to Samsung tv purple patch AO.com

The first thing to say is that you are dealing with AO.com and we have had several people come here with problems purchase from this company and I'm very pleased to say that so far they have always been extremely reasonable in the way they have treated the issue. If you had been a customer of Currys PC World, we can promise you that there would be a real fight.

Already it seems that AO.com have proposed at the very least to contribute to the repair or a depreciated refund. This reflects exactly your legal rights and the matter. It would not be possible to get a full replacement value refund or a brand-new TV as you have already had four years use from your money.

I'm afraid that they are absolutely correct that you should get an independent engineers report and I certainly sympathise with your problem in terms of Covid.

I don't see that your time to get the report is limited – do you have it in writing from them that you should get this report and that they will contribute in the way they say?

In that case I suggest you reinforce the paper trail by writing to them and confirming your acceptance of their offer and explaining why it will be delayed and that you will implement the report as soon as possible – Covid-willing.

I think that that will probably secure your position.

Do you think that answers your problem?

• 4 months later...

Hi hope this is the right forum

i have a faulty Samsung tv (purple patches on screen) that was 4 years old when I fist contacted ao.com in January.

I’ve been waiting until after lockdown to get an engineers report to confirm that it’s an inherent fault. Unfortunately I can’t get an engineer to do a report (one said because it’s a 65” screen he could do more damage) but did confirm in an email that it’s a common issue that he’s seen many times.

AO are still insisting that I get a paper report that is Vat registered ...what can I do? 
thanks

threads merged.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...