SP30 is it worth fighting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

Just had a letter through about doing 35 in a 30. However, as i got 2 last year i have been overly cautious and set my car at 30 mph when i drove through this area. Is it worth the hassle? ( my google speedo said iwas doing 26 mpha nd my car said 30). It seems that i will more than likely lose the case and be handed an even bigger fine and points. At this rate soon all drivers will be banned under the points totting up!

what do you mean by google speedo?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm not saying that this was the case, but could it have been that by the time you realised there was a camera you had already been captured and that you had slowed down afterwards?

In any case, if you intend to defend this on the basis that the measurement of your speed cannot be relied upon you will have to reject any offers of a course or fixed penalty and plead Not Guilty in court.

At your trial the prosecution will almost certainly produce evidence to show that your speed was measured by an approved device operated in the correct fashion. Without anything from you to discredit that evidence you will be convicted. So, you will have to show either that the device used to measure your speed was inaccurate or that it was not operated correctly. You do not have to merely cast doubt on the prosecution's evidence by saying "this might have happened" or  "that could have occurred". You have to prove that in your specific case something made the measurement unreliable.

If you are convicted following a trial you will face a fine of a week's net income, a surcharge of 10% of the fine (minimum £34), three points and prosecution costs which will be a minimum of £620.

Whatever you decide do not forget to respond to the request for driver's details within the 28 days allowed. Failure to do so will see you commit a separate offence which carries six points, a hefty fine and insurance grief for five years.

• Like 1